Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Belvidere has closed

cygnus

Reaction score
Good job Tavares, good job Elkann. (/sarcasm)

cygnus

Reaction score
There is not a single person who works for Chrysler that wouldn't have traded 20% of their profit sharing to keep Belvidere open. It's greed - pure and simple. TBD on whether I ever buy a vehicle again from this company.

Check out https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/ - every single enthusiast is starting to sour on this company. It's not just a few people. Its the core group that propelled Jeep to what it is now. They are driving those people away. I sincerely hope this hits STLA in the one place that it matters - the bottom line.

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score
Hope people turned off by this decision are ready to pay for these inexcusable Bronco mark ups.

And I guess now we just wait and see what becomes of this plant? Would've been nice if the Charger BEV at Belvedere rumors would've rang true but clearly won't be.

cygnus

Reaction score
Every day it stays closed, the more likely that nothing will come of it. The supply chain chain around the plant is dying/dead. Can it be resurrected? Possibly. Will it be resurrected? I doubt it.

My guess is that they will build a new (EV exclusive) plant somewhere in the US. Hopefully they are not insane enough to build a new plant in Mexico. That would be the final nail for a lot of Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ram fans.

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
Hope people turned off by this decision are ready to pay for these inexcusable Bronco mark ups.

And I guess now we just wait and see what becomes of this plant? Would've been nice if the Charger BEV at Belvedere rumors would've rang true but clearly won't be.
Illinois got out-politick'd

Remember the rumors that Tavares wanted to close Brampton and sell the land for 11 bazillion dollars? Then the premier of Ontario (conservative business man, newly elected at the time) said that was not going to happen and lets sit down to talk about a future for the plant - and now Brampton AND Windsor have futures. That was likely at Belvederes expense.

(Ontario premier has a large business in Illinois, so he was probably well aware of restrictions Stellantis may have faced there)

bill burke

Reaction score
It’s time for folks to recognize, resist and expose the political motivations of this whole electrification farce that gives license to global conglomerates to consolidate and force people to buy something they don’t want. Belvedere is a hurtful example of this false reality where people and free will mean nothing. I will never, ever buy an electric. Hope millions follow and refuse to be herded like cattle by power brokers who could care less. Keep your gas powered things for a lifetime. I will.
God bless the good people of Belvedere.

Users who are viewing this thread