Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AUCTION: 1956 Chrysler 300B Hardtop

As automotive enthusiasts eagerly await the Mecum 2023 Kissimmee Spring Special event, one car that has captivated the attention of collectors and historians alike is the exquisite 1956 Chrysler 300B Hardtop. With its iconic design, powerful HEMI® V8 engine, and rich racing heritage, this extraordinary vehicle represents a significant milestone in American automotive history. With … (read full article...)

1956-Chrysler-300B.-Mecum.-2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

bill burke

Reaction score
Usually I have a passing interest in auctions, but this one grabbed me. I was about ten years old, walking up towards Steinway Street in Astoria Queens when I saw my first Chrysler 300. That 300 was EXACTLY like this one, red, wire wheels in all it powerful elegance and my love affair with the Chrysler 300 had begun. This is tough for me to acknowledge that I can’t even venture a thought of getting this 300 as my love lust fulfillment, but lust I do for sure. Not everyone can appreciate the uniqueness of the letter 300’s in 1956 or how a young boy could still, to this day, be thrilled at the sight of this classic, this symbol of American engineering prowess and beauty, this magnificent automobile. Not just a car, but THE car that changed the market set the standard for decades, changed my life. I can’t help it, my heart is beating hard for this one. God it’s gorgeous and I’m ten again.. in Astoria Queens..walking up towards Steinway Street..with my father......

Last edited:

linedaniel

Reaction score
I really like this car because this is aquiet, comfortable luxury car. It concealed its blistering performance behind conservative styling like geometry dash scratch, and thrust it up front with a big, aggressive grille. I think I think the ’56 Chrysler fins were among the more attractive designs of that genre. Like many styling elements of the ’50s, designers kept pushing the design envelope until they found themselves on the wrong side of ridiculous.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread