Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone know the changes from LX to STLA LG, if any?

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
Obviously they had to switch things around to allow BEV but what about the Hurricane cars? The BEV charger looks like a current challenger with new bodywork - I'd like to know what they actually upgraded

AlexB

Reaction score
Obviously they had to switch things around to allow BEV but what about the Hurricane cars? The BEV charger looks like a current challenger with new bodywork - I'd like to know what they actually upgraded
LOL
Everthing.

Mopar392

Reaction score
The way I understood it:
1- STLA Large is corporate renaming of the platform that was planned for the upcoming L-cars.
2- This new platform is, to put is simple, a hybrid between the old L-platform and the Giorgio platform.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

car is completely different from the ground up... STLA Large is based on the Giorgio architecture... the Charger and Challenger still rode on the Mercedes E-class W211 architecture derivative

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
car is completely different from the ground up... STLA Large is based on the Giorgio architecture... the Charger and Challenger still rode on the Mercedes E-class W211 architecture derivative
It was an LH derivative with E and S class suspensions and NAG1 transmission adapted from the Merc parts bin. It was not "an old e class platform" but you can't blame them for allowing that narrative to run wild. Also the 2011 refresh removed the Merc suspensions and the 2015 refresh removed the NAG1 (little known fact is Mercedes was bending Chrysler over a barrel charging them $250 per NAG1 and it was under a tight contract. The ZF8 is way cheaper). Late model versions have no major Mercedes components. Dimensionally STLA LG looks very similar, my guess is same measurements but Giorgio components or random stuff from the Stellantis parts bin for cost sharing and economies of scale.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
It was an LH derivative with E and S class suspensions and NAG1 transmission adapted from the Merc parts bin. It was not "an old e class platform" but you can't blame them for allowing that narrative to run wild. Also the 2011 refresh removed the Merc suspensions and the 2015 refresh removed the NAG1 (little known fact is Mercedes was bending Chrysler over a barrel charging them $250 per NAG1 and it was under a tight contract. The ZF8 is way cheaper). Late model versions have no major Mercedes components. Dimensionally STLA LG looks very similar, my guess is same measurements but Giorgio components or random stuff from the Stellantis parts bin for cost sharing and economies of scale.

Should have the same 120-inch wheelbase and around the same width

Users who are viewing this thread