Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All-New DS 4 Debuts With Striking Looks, And An Interior That Demands Your Attention

Forza_Hexagone

Reaction score
S0-presentation-ds-4-l-age-de-la-maturite-660818.jpg

S0-presentation-ds-4-l-age-de-la-maturite-660820.jpg

S0-presentation-ds-4-l-age-de-la-maturite-660804.jpg

S0-presentation-ds-4-l-age-de-la-maturite-660821.jpg

S0-presentation-ds-4-l-age-de-la-maturite-660822.jpg

S0-presentation-ds-4-l-age-de-la-maturite-660819.jpg

S0-presentation-ds-4-l-age-de-la-maturite-660802.jpg

S0-presentation-ds-4-l-age-de-la-maturite-660809.jpg

Last edited:

patfromigh

Reaction score
Great photos. I have mixed feelings about the exterior because I'm not a big fan of contemporary styling, but the DS4 avoids the extremes of some other brands. Looking at the interior photos, I notice that the controls are in English, but the steering wheel is on the left hand side. Is that a hint for North America? I am definitely not a fan of the large center console. It looks like my feet would be crowded out near the pedals. I do like the redundant HVAC controls.

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
I think that's more for non-french people to understand, or maybe because they also had UK press there.
One thing that I dislike is the same reason why I dislike the new Mazda 3 hatch even though it has a stunning design. The gigantic C-pilar and small rear window. Rear visibility will be terrible.
TripleT I do agree that DS design seems to follow trends that the chinese would appreciate. But I won't also discount the fact that they're trying to do something to differentiate themselves from the german brands, so they add more flair to the design to try to create a distinct image of what a french premium brand should be.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
Great photos. I have mixed feelings about the exterior because I'm not a big fan of contemporary styling, but the DS4 avoids the extremes of some other brands. Looking at the interior photos, I notice that the controls are in English, but the steering wheel is on the left hand side. Is that a hint for North America? I am definitely not a fan of the large center console. It looks like my feet would be crowded out near the pedals. I do like the redundant HVAC controls.

Maybe today English is lingua franca?

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
I think that's more for non-french people to understand, or maybe because they also had UK press there.
One thing that I dislike is the same reason why I dislike the new Mazda 3 hatch even though it has a stunning design. The gigantic C-pilar and small rear window. Rear visibility will be terrible.
TripleT I do agree that DS design seems to follow trends that the chinese would appreciate. But I won't also discount the fact that they're trying to do something to differentiate themselves from the german brands, so they add more flair to the design to try to create a distinct image of what a french premium brand should be.

Usually French design is on the opposite spectrum than German.

I would say that out of all European brands Alfa Romeo is usually the most similar in style and execution to Germans. Or maybe BMW just started to copy Alfa around 1970?
Anyway Alfa will always look more similar to Germans but with softer more fluid lines. Germans are more edgy.

And here I can't agree completely with @TripleT.
In comparison to some Far East brands this product has more softer lines and more round design. Lexus is far more edgy with some sharp lines.

Mopar392

Reaction score
Front and rear design are good imo. Side especially the beltline is a little busy.
Interior is nice, but I'm not a big fan of a touch screen only control with no knobs or switches as a backup.

pumadog

Reaction score
It may be distorted by the wide lense, but the nose doesn't look look long at all. I like it so much better than the rest of the DS range. Apart from the audi-esque front with strange DRL I can simply say: Good design, I wouldn't be ashamed to drive it. :p

Users who are viewing this thread