Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All-Electric Jeep® Recon To Take On Land Rover Defender In Europe

All-Electric Jeep® Recon To Take On Land Rover Defender In Europe​

New Off-Road BEV Will Slot Under The Wrangler...​

1678051741972.png

Jeep, the American automaker and part of the Stellantis group, has confirmed that its first 100% electric off-road vehicle, the Jeep Recon (EJ), will debut in 2025. The announcement was made by Antonella Bruno, the former Head of Jeep® Europe, during a recent interview with the British automotive magazine Autocar.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
Why is this the first time I've noticed that this is going to be smaller than a Wrangler?

That's too bad. Wrangler is too small for me as it is.

TripleT

Reaction score
Wrangler is big but poorly packaged, Wouldn't surprise me if it roomier on the inside.

Not a insult to the Wrangler it is a purpose driven desing, not a people comfort driven design.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
Wrangler is big but poorly packaged, Wouldn't surprise me if it roomier on the inside.

Not a insult to the Wrangler it is a purpose driven desing, not a people comfort driven design.

Oh, kind of like how KL is big out side and small inside?

Figured it was a Jeep thing lol

Last edited:

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
Durability and ground clearance has a cost.

One of us recently rubbed the bumper of the Prius into an ice pile and did a little damage to the lower left corner of the bumper, so I hear you on that. Realistically its just an excuse for me to get the bumper repainted because it currently has a bad repaint job that I don't care for :rolleyes:

patfromigh

Reaction score
Which Wrangler is the Recon smaller than? There are two sizes of Wranglers. Jeep solved the packaging problem of its CJ series with the FC models, but the FC trucks were poor sellers.

TripleT

Reaction score
JL 4 door. Recon is a STLA Large, so it is a Unibody Vehicle Size around WL74 I suppose, shorter overhangs. I suspect it will be sisters to the KZ and Airflow.... And I bet a midsized Dodge. PSA has no issues with Coachworking the hell out of a Architecture.

Users who are viewing this thread