Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All-Electric Jeep® Recon Set To Offer Up To 600 Horsepower

Jeep® enthusiasts and automotive aficionados alike are eagerly anticipating the dawn of a new era in the off-road landscape with the imminent arrival of the 2025 Jeep® Recon (EJ). Pioneering its way into the North American market, this all-electric marvel is poised to redefine adventure, bridging the gap between renowned models like the Grand Cherokee … (read full article...)

tempImagegZ6NT1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

bill burke

Reaction score
Electric Jeep Wranglers are catching fire. Get a gasoline engine in the Recon or call this Jeep DOA. Such a huge mistake for Jeep.

patfromigh

Reaction score
The last battery electric Jeep model was the DJ5-E. That I know of, none of them were prone to catch fire. If by "electric Jeep Wrangler" you're referring to the plugin hybrid Wrangler with the 4Xe system, I find that quite odd. They only have level 2 charging capability which means they shouldn't have the problems associated with high speed charging. The battery packs are not that big, which also helps.

Those tiny electric pink Jeeps are not made by Jeep or Stellantis, if that is what you are refering to.

Pure ICE power trains are DOA. Most likely a great majority of vehicles marketed in the near future will have some sort of electrification.

patfromigh

Reaction score
Post script - I looked it up. There were eight fires. Some were while the vehicles were charging. All of the vehicles involved had ICE power as well. In a few years, pure ICE power without electric assist will be very rare, especially in Stellantis products. If anyone wants to switch brands, the Nissan Versa and Kicks don't have any electrification and are affordable.

mikemike

Reaction score
I really cant wait when this electric madness will finish. Introducing electric models is a simple waste of funds that could be used to create new combustion engine models of Chrysler and Dodge.

bill burke

Reaction score
I really cant wait when this electric madness will finish. Introducing electric models is a simple waste of funds that could be used to create new combustion engine models of Chrysler and Dodge.
Totally agree. Just viewed a TV report that only 1% of NYC residents own pure electric cars and sales of them are dismal. The main thrust of the show was how NYC is totally unable to support these vehicles and the few public charging stations are a nightmare to use, if at all possible, and are subject to vandalism and equipment failures. Illustrated video featured a charging NYC owned vehicle recharging at a public facility for over 11 hours. That’s ONE vehicle, a NYC Municipal vehicle for that matter, monopolizing an electric charger. Yea, that works well !
It’s time these auto executives admit they bought into a hoax, a concoction of the lunatic left and admit their gullible foolishness and get on with building ICE vehicles the public demands now and for the foreseeable future. Appoligize, admit you were suckered, and forget this fools errand to massive financial waste that is obvious to everyone with a brain.

bill burke

Reaction score
The last battery electric Jeep model was the DJ5-E. That I know of, none of them were prone to catch fire. If by "electric Jeep Wrangler" you're referring to the plugin hybrid Wrangler with the 4Xe system, I find that quite odd. They only have level 2 charging capability which means they shouldn't have the problems associated with high speed charging. The battery packs are not that big, which also helps.

Those tiny electric pink Jeeps are not made by Jeep or Stellantis, if that is what you are refering to.

Pure ICE power trains are DOA. Most likely a great majority of vehicles marketed in the near future will have some sort of electrification.
When elephants fly my friend. The evidence is there, the sales are not.

AlexB

Reaction score
If you paid attention to Stellantis financial statements (clearly you DON'T)... Recon & Wagonner S comes in 2024.
And Chrysler brand don't succeed as an EV brand, than that's it.

patfromigh

Reaction score
The handwriting was on the wall in the 1950's following the Suez crisis. It was soon after that event TRW started their hybrid drive train development. The TRW hybrid research is in the DNA of Toyota, Ford, and Chrysler hybrids. All three of these brands now also offer other hybrid system designs, but the Prius, Ford Escape Hybrid and Pacifica PHEV are on the family tree from that TRW R&D sixty years ago. The old Chrysler Corporation was developing electrified power trains well before any foreign influence in Auburn Hills.

Starting next calendar year the Toyota Camry will be hybrid only when the early 2025 models go into production. There are waiting lists for Toyota and Ford hybrids. The fully electric vehicles may be a hard sell, but the vehicle in question is a hybrid.

I saw the Youtube video on NYC becoming a charging station desert. The situation is ironic because a pure electric vehicle makes the most sense for such an urban environment. Thats why Brooklyn had streetcars. (The streetcars were replaced by GM transit coaches powered by 2-cycle Detroit Diesels swilling 5 gallons for a Dollar fuel, but I digress.) When my grandfather was in the Big Apple in the late 1960's he was amazed to find battery electric trucks built in the Twenties and Thirties still in service there. It will be interesting to see when the Ram ProMaster battery electrics go into service how many will end up in NYC.

Finally when New Yorkers retire and move to a Florida senior living community, they buy a neighborhood electric vehicle.

MoparRay

Reaction score
There will be a ice hybrid powertrain available after EV goes on sale.

TripleT

Reaction score
If your in a CARB state you better lobby your government, despite the market and infrastructure collapse of EVs they are not backing away from the very High fines in 27’ model year and flat ice ban by 35’

If it’s a fad someone better tell the regulators.

TripleT

Reaction score
It will be very disappointing if a PHEV or Extended Range supplemental rang is not offered

Users who are viewing this thread