Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alfa Romeo Introduces Its New 33 Stradale Super Sports Car!

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score

Alfa Romeo Introduces Its New 33 Stradale Super Sports Car!​

Based On The Maserati MC20, Only 33 Units Will Be Built...​

AR0XX_006TS.jpeg

Alfa Romeo, renowned for its legacy of exquisite automobiles, has again taken the automotive world by storm with the revival of a timeless icon, the “fuoriserie” (custom-built) 33 Stradale.

Last edited by a moderator:

bill burke

Reaction score
The question must be asked and Dodge fans deserve an answer. If it is now acknowledged that this new Alfa Romeo is spun off the Maserati MC 20 can Stellantis deny Dodge their own Viper spin off that uses Dodge engines and styling to produce a next generation, more affordable spun off Viper? Sure it would need a facility upgrade for much greater production volume in Italy but this Viper would not be more than a brand halo car and not a volume Corvette fighter. If numbers are perhaps a few thousand per year and ways can be found to bring costs down by eliminating non-fundamental structures or compromise mechanical integrity, then it demands serious consideration. Hey if the Chrysler Crossfire, a true modern classic and performance icon that is now a sought after collectible can be built in Germany, why not a Dodge built in Italy where the best sports car are historically built? The key is using Dodge engines or a Dodge modified Alfa engine for motivation and Dodge styling cues.
A Viper replacement is fundamental to Dodge success, especially if the all electric strategy falls flat on its face, as I predict and the Hurricane is not embraced by Dodge fans, then the Viper might save the day.
Sure it’s a stretch, but if Alfa Romeo, a volume brand gets theirs, Dodge should get theirs too. Right?

Mopar392

Reaction score
No Viper is not fundamental to Dodge’s success nor is necessary. It was a halo car and would be a halo car.
Alfa’s Ferrari built engines are dying away with this 33 Stradale.

Don’t get me wrong. I want to see a Viper’s successor, but not just another sports car with a Hurricane engine. I want to see it with special engine like the previous V10.

TripleT

Reaction score
No Viper is not fundamental to Dodge’s success nor is necessary. It was a halo car and would be a halo car.

Don’t get me wrong. I want to see a Viper’s successor, but not just another sports car with a Hurricane engine. I want to see it with special engine like the previous V10.
V10s sound like a badly tuned tractor, how fast they are doesn't matter.... the exhaust tone is only thing that matters.

The current Halo is the Demon.... Likely will be a Daytona that is quicker.

A V10 based on the Hurricane even hand built for a New Viper would be cool, but not needed.

Mopar392

Reaction score
V10s sound like a badly tuned tractor, how fast they are doesn't matter.... the exhaust tone is only thing that matters.

The current Halo is the Demon.... Likely will be a Daytona that is quicker.

A V10 based on the Hurricane even hand built for a New Viper would be cool, but not needed.
The V10 was known for its horsepower and torque. Yes it’s outdated even more than the HEMI.
A 1000 hp hybrid Hurricane would be fitting for a Viper.

bill burke

Reaction score

I’ll take my Viper anyway it’s delivered, no matter the platform, no matter the engine, but I bet it’s off something in house. The definition of vital is subjective, but let’s face it Dodge needs a halo performance car beyond Challenger and realistically I think the Maserati GT holds the answer. I think I could make a persuasive argument that this platform spin off is reasonable and by some measure, vital. We agree a Viper replacement would benefit Dodge. Agreed?

Mopar392

Reaction score
There was a rumor of having Dodge sports car of Maserati’s GranSport’s platform that would be a Viper’s (direct or spiritual) successor.
But that was also around the same time when Challenger and Charger replacement was rumored to be off of Guilia’s platform.

TripleT

Reaction score
The V10 was known for its horsepower and torque. Yes it’s outdated even more than the HEMI.
A 1000 hp hybrid Hurricane would be fitting for a Viper.

1000 hp ppppssfff who cares How does it sound :p

JasonB

Reaction score
The point is:
Is there the skill, within Dodge or Chrysler, to hand build 33 Vipers to the same level as the Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale?
I have my doubts.

All 33 Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale have been sold.
Price between $1.7 or $2.3 million, depending on individual details.

AR0XX_008TS.jpeg

pumadog

Reaction score
I love the side view. Floating like liquid. :love: It's not often that supercars touch me. The MC20 doesn't at all. The 33 does. Only detail in question is the Y/V on the front hood.

TripleT

Reaction score
You have to make peace with the fact everyone will be driving a boring sounding car
Boring no there is a loud group that only like the sound of high displacement V8s rumble that are trying to dictate to the rest of the Automotive enthusiast what is a good sounding exhaust. There are all sort of engines that sounds good, Even a poppy Italian 4 cylinder sounds good, it just different.

Users who are viewing this thread