Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket brake caliper scratch on rims?

Richard Miller 1

Reaction score
Hey folks, hope everyone’s safe.

I don't know if this topic has been opened yet, but I wanted to share a recent experience I had with my Dodge Challenger's wheel spacers.

I installed a new set of Brembo calipers and HRE rims, but they are scratching the rims because they are too big. I already had them installed and didn't want to spend money on another set of calipers and wheels.

So I searched on Google for a solution and finally decided to install a set of spacers. The effect is very nice. Not only did it solve the scratching problem, but my wheels were flush with the fenders. The whole car looks fuller and is very stable while driving.

Now I'm cruising with peace of mind.
If anyone else has similar spacer issues or wants to prevent wheel hub scratches, I highly recommend considering spacers as a viable solution.

Keep rolling, everyone!

vonrueden

Reaction score
Hey folks, hope everyone’s safe.

I don't know if this topic has been opened yet, but I wanted to share a recent experience I had with my Dodge Challenger's wheel spacers.

I installed a new set of Brembo calipers and HRE rims, but they are scratching the rims because they are too big. I already had them installed and didn't want to spend money on another set of calipers and wheels.

So I searched on Google for a solution and finally decided to install a set of spacers. The effect is very nice. Not only did it solve the scratching problem, but my wheels were flush with the fenders. The whole car looks fuller and is very stable while driving.

Now I'm cruising with peace of mind.
If anyone else has similar spacer issues or wants to prevent wheel hub scratches, I highly recommend considering spacers as a viable solution.

Keep rolling, everyone!
I think wheel spacers can definitely be a helpful way to address clearance issues between wheels and brakes. It's important to install spacers correctly to ensure they're properly torqued and seated. Consider having a professional install them for you. Don't go too big with the spacer size. A larger spacer will put more stress on your wheel studs and bearings.

Users who are viewing this thread