Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Affordable Adventure: 2024 Jeep® Grand Cherokee Laredo A 4x2

In the realm of buying a new car, navigating through the maze of high-interest rates, dealer markups, and inflation prices can be overwhelming. However, if you’re in the market for a reasonably priced full-size SUV without the bells and whistles, the 2024 Jeep® Grand Cherokee Laredo A 4×2 might be the perfect match. Let’s dive … (read full article...)

tempImage13UVMi.png

Last edited by a moderator:

MoparRay

Reaction score
All Jeeps should be 4 wheel drive only. Let Dodge sell the two wheel drive models. The V6 needs to be upgraded with direct injection and or a turbo model.

patfromigh

Reaction score
This is what we in the rental car business call a theme park special. It will be sold to rental fleets for the tourists to rent when they visit Florida, while visiting the major theme parks. The life of such vehicles is spending a day sitting in the parking lot of a Southern tourist destination, baking in the sun.
The V6 needs to be upgraded with direct injection and or a turbo model.
The Pentastar is just fine the way it is. Ram engineers are using it as the range extender in the upcoming Ramcharger, because of its simplicity. If someone desires direct injection and turbocharging, buy a Grand Cherokee 4Xe. It will cost more however.

BWS1

Reaction score
If we’re trying to lure budget shoppers, time to do away with the stupefied upcharge for color changes. And as sales continue to struggle along, I’ll predict now that they will down the road.

patfromigh

Reaction score
I looked up the build and price for the 2024 Grand Cherokee. If a buyer wants a 4X4 drive train they will have to order a higher trim with four wheel drive, at $6,000 more. The cheapest 4Xe model is slightly over 60 Grand. I wonder what the new Toyota Land Cruiser will go for.

MotorMaven

Reaction score
I looked up the build and price for the 2024 Grand Cherokee. If a buyer wants a 4X4 drive train they will have to order a higher trim with four wheel drive, at $6,000 more. The cheapest 4Xe model is slightly over 60 Grand. I wonder what the new Toyota Land Cruiser will go for.
Yep. Then you’re at $45K, plus the typical $5K “market adjustment” that stealerships are piling on to trucks and SUVs. Plus add another $3k for all the other add-ons that nobody wants and which they won’t take off, and you’re at $53K.

Meanwhile, Tesla will deliver a brand new high-end Model Y AWD to your door, with the luxury features that the strippo GC lacks, for $41K net of the EV credit.

It will handle better, accelerate faster, and be scads more comfortable than a bare bones GC.

Without the headache of having to deal with stealership nonsense like “how much do you want to pay per month,” $2k “paint protection” or $1,000 aftermarket “anti-theft” systems.

One of the reasons Tesla is growing is because their sales model and pricing model is so much better. People suffer through the stealership game where a $40 MSRP truck is suddenly a $55K truck, they go online, they see a Tesla costs less and has no nonsense, and they order one.

patfromigh

Reaction score
The solution to not dealing with CDJR dealer BS is go to a Toyota dealer. Some of them can be just as bad though, a person just has to shop around. A rear drive Grand Cherokee is probably OK for those who don't live in the Snow Belt. If a person lives in the snow belt, dual motors doesn't guarantee traction in the deep stuff. It's kind of comical watching someone with a stuck Tesla in the snow.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
The solution to not dealing with CDJR dealer BS is go to a Toyota dealer. Some of them can be just as bad though, a person just has to shop around. A rear drive Grand Cherokee is probably OK for those who don't live in the Snow Belt. If a person lives in the snow belt, dual motors doesn't guarantee traction in the deep stuff. It's kind of comical watching someone with a stuck Tesla in the snow.

In my experience a dealership is a dealership, regardless of the name on the building.

Everyone always says other dealers are better than CDJR dealers, but I haven't seen that.

Users who are viewing this thread