Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A New Name For The Wagoneer S Could Be Coming Soon!

Jeep, the iconic American automaker, is poised to make a bold entrance into the premium SUV market with its upcoming release, the 2024 Jeep Wagoneer S (KX). Breaking new ground as an all-electric vehicle (EV), the Wagoneer S is set to revolutionize the industry while serving as a formidable competitor to the Range Rover Sport. … (read full article...)

tempImagedidFvI.png

Last edited by a moderator:

bill burke

Reaction score
I know I’ve been on a soapbox about my reservations about all electric, but that is meant to open discussion, not an obsession. I would love to replace my Cherokee with this Wagoneer, but I’m still not sold on electric. I’m no fool, I know that not only is the transition to at least a majority of vehicles to electric a reality, but for cost containment alone, a necessity. It has been said that this new Jeep will spin off the next generation Cherokee, a great fit for me, so that with a Hurricane six might be my next SUV. I’ll keep mixing it up on this electric issue, but clearly be known my friends, I’m a realist, a pragmatic environmental advocate, and a traditional Mopar nut who might someday, maybe, perhaps even, will own a hybrid, no never all electric, but for now, I’ll just keep you guys entertained.

vbondjr1

Reaction score
Being that this new "Wagoneer S" is built on the STLA:Large platform, I'm sure this new "Performance" Jeep could be fitted with the 2.0L 4XE drivetrain as well as both Hurricane 3.0L engine options with the EV variants being fitted to the higher end variants. What really interests me about this vehicle is the Rumored Dodge Counterpart, the upcoming Dodge "Stealth." I wonder how much influence it will take from this vehicle and of course, the Hornet. I'm sure it will be dynamic and performance oriented like the new Charger that will be coming out on the same platform. I feel like Stellantis is realizing that it's a good idea to offer EVs but not completely change the brand to full EVs just yet, which is why these platforms are modular for ICE, hybrid and full EV powertrains. Of course, only time will tell

TripleT

Reaction score
Being that this new "Wagoneer S" is built on the STLA:Large platform, I'm sure this new "Performance" Jeep could be fitted with the 2.0L 4XE drivetrain as well as both Hurricane 3.0L engine options with the EV variants being fitted to the higher end variants. What really interests me about this vehicle is the Rumored Dodge Counterpart, the upcoming Dodge "Stealth." I wonder how much influence it will take from this vehicle and of course, the Hornet. I'm sure it will be dynamic and performance oriented like the new Charger that will be coming out on the same platform. I feel like Stellantis is realizing that it's a good idea to offer EVs but not completely change the brand to full EVs just yet, which is why these platforms are modular for ICE, hybrid and full EV powertrains. Of course, only time will tell

Your describing the KM Cherokee replacement.

bill burke

Reaction score
The Stealth could be an option for me. I prefer a two row SUV, but it’s length and width that matters most. The renderings I’ve seen are impressive. Good point.

pumadog

Reaction score
If they make Wagoneer a premium/luxury sub-brand with several models, shouldn't Jeep rename the big Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer as well?

I know, there's no logic in the Chrysler/FCA US naming history … 😆

Users who are viewing this thread