What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Letter to the People: Saving Chrysler – A Call to Action

A Letter to the People: Saving Chrysler – A Call to Action​

A Call to Investors and Workers to Rebuild the Automaker...​

photo-output.jpeg

I am writing to you today not just as a concerned citizen but as someone with a deep, personal connection to one of our nation’s most iconic brands. My great-grandfather, Walter P. Chrysler, founded the Chrysler Corporation in 1925, a company that has since become a cornerstone of American automotive history. As we approach the 100th anniversary of Chrysler, with plans for what could be the largest gathering of Chrysler products ever seen in North America at next year’s Chrysler Carlisle event, I believe the time for change is now. And I am ready to lead that change.

Where are the MAX Wedge & Mini MAX V8s? I've had Mercedes, Audi, Ford twin turbo vehicles and they all Suck so no comments about the Hurricane. A high compression V8 is far superior to a little 6 cyl with low comp and boost for instant power, no contest.

The Pacifica is the only Chrysler vehicle to have real design time in the last 20 years. CDJR: The N.A. V8s haven't had any technology updates in over 15 years. I've been a Mechanical Design Engineer for 25 years and have seen very few in upper management that can lead well. Stellantis & UAW leadership are typical modern jokes of an organization. Gutting companies, massive bonuses, and nothing being developed. The FCA Italy, Fat Cats, & BEVs got all the money and nothing to show for it now.

I hope and pray you are successful. Been a diehard Mopar guy since the late seventies, but my last purchase (2024) was a GM product. Stellantis has aggravated me no end and the current product is lacking, while the prices have become absurd. They still have no clue when it comes to the American market. Ignorant bastards !

If the Chrysler brand is in immediate need of new product (it is) you could start by taking the existing Jeep Wagoneer, give it some flash and sizzle, and then rebadge it as the new Imperial. Then set its base price below Escalade and Navigator to both generate interest and make it a good value proposition. The (currently overpriced) premium Jeep Grand Wagoneer is more a GMC Yukon Denali rival and should be treated as such. (As a side note, the regular Wagoneer's inflated base MSRP should also be more in line with Tahoe/Expedition).

As for the now defunct 300 the only way I'd greenlight a new model based on the upcoming 2025 Charger is if it had suicide doors standard. Sure they'd be a gimmick, but with car sales currently moribund the only way a product in this dying segment could have realistic shot at success is if its design were truly out-of-the-box unique. For the cherry on top make its base price below 50k, making it into a true poor man's Rolls Royce. (Only stumbling block I can see design wise for suicide doors is that you need to have seems between the doors and rear fenders that are virtually straight for them to function (look at current Rolls Royces and previous Continentals for reference). That would probably necessitate a wheelbase stretch, costing time and money.

In the early 2000s Chrysler was very successful at being a purveyor of unique vehicles with products like the PT Cruiser and 300 and they should consider returning to that formula.

As a Chrylser fan sent the 60s that my farther had I have always brought Chrylser products myself .

I also think the Jeep wagoneer should have a Chrylser name on it like the old Aspin but I like Imperial also

As a Chrylser fan sent the 60s that my farther had I have always brought Chrylser products myself .

I also think the Jeep wagoneer should have a Chrylser name on it like the old Aspin but I like Imperial also

I have been buying Dodge & Plymouth muscle cars religiously since before I got my driver's license in 1977 because I watched them kick butt on the dragstrip as a kid in the late 60's. I will always be loyal to the brand and will do anything to help it.
I was sad to see Plymouth go away and I would hate to see Chrysler die out too. I would like to see Mopar outlast them other brands! Americans need to wake up to the insanity the party on the left is pushing to destroy America and send them packing before it's too late! Notice how some manufacturers aren't falling for the EV dream? It's a pipe dream that will never win. There isn't enough electricity in the world yet to power all the EV's in it. Think about it!
It seems Stellantis is falling for it. It is a bad deal purposely perpetrated by fools.

America won't stay great by following the people who lack real vision! Every plan the left has played has resulted in nothing but FAILURES! Nothing will destroy you faster than following fools.

Last edited:
It truly is passion that drives the Mopar brands. Stellantis is a corporation that does not understand what that means. At one point, I would have written Chrysler off as a brand that would serve only as a brand of EVs just to give it purpose, but maybe there should be more. The one thing I love about the Mopar brand is that they are a bridge that connects what was and what is to what can be. Mopar has also connected so many people together from the Brotherhood of muscle to people passing doing the Jeep Wave. We do need a brand that hearkens back to the premiums of American luxury in a way that isn't quite a track-tuned BMW chasing menace like Cadillac, but not a stodgy forgotten brand like Lincoln. It'd be nice to see the return of "The Banker's Hotrod" known as the Chrysler 300 in a more retro form, whether is takes the form of a modern version of the 1970 Chrysler 300 with a Hurst package and a design that builds upon what Dodge just did with this new Charger EV with an R-Wing in the front (along with another in the rear like the 1970 Chrysler 300 Hurst had, or something way more edgy like the 50's and early 60's. have the 300 as a coupe and a Chrysler "Newporte" as the 4-door (hence why I spelled porte with an e just like Maserati did with the quattroporte). The E would also serve for electrified as this car would carry only hybrid version of the Hurricane-6 engines. A retro styled Chrysler New Yorker wagon on the STLA Large platform as the Chrysler equivalent to the Durango (being that the back windows on the Durango look very similar to the windows on a New Yorker station wagon and as I've mentioned before, take the Grand Wagoneer and rename it Chrysler Imperial.

take the Grand Wagoneer and rename it Chrysler Imperial.
Sadly, it wouldn't sell, no one in the critical demographic remembers Chrysler as premium brand.

I am 55 and, in my driving lifetime, there has been a single Premium offering. LHS got close, the 300M got close. But only the 300C made it and was penguin holed with retro styling.

I think it's a fantastic idea! I have bought two AWD 300s in the last seven years, and now I had to buy an Audi.

It may be too late for a grass roots effort to save Chrysler. I pray it is not. We need to organize and find a leader with deep pockets that truly cares about the Chrysler name. I have felt for years that with the Chrysler leading the way with Jeep, Dodge, and Ram trucks, the new Chrysler Corporation could be very successful. Not the biggest company, but one with solid products and name recognition. I believe that if Donald Trump gets back in office, he would help in this endeavor. It's right up his alley, saving an iconic American car company and saving thousands of jobs. That's what he likes to do. Whether you like the man or not, he could be an important person in this endeavor, and he knows people.

I hope and pray you are successful. Been a diehard Mopar guy since the late seventies, but my last purchase (2024) was a GM product. Stellantis has aggravated me no end and the current product is lacking, while the prices have become absurd. They still have no clue when it comes to the American market. Ignorant bastards !

Back