What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge to Reveal Charger Daytona EV Exhaust Sound

Dodge to Reveal Charger Daytona EV Exhaust Sound​

Roadkill Nights Event to Showcase Production-Ready 2024 Model...​

1722538188447.png

In the evolving landscape of electric vehicles (EVs), Dodge is gearing up to make a significant announcement at the upcoming Roadkill Nights event. The automaker is set to unveil the final sound of its innovative Fratzonic Chambered Exhaust technology on the all-new, all-electric Dodge Charger Daytona. This system is designed to bridge the gap between the beloved rumble of traditional muscle cars and the quiet operation of modern EVs.

https://moparinsiders.com/dodge-to-reveal-charger-daytona-ev-exhaust-sound

Good cause at least they won't be only sitting there.
Anxious if I'm being honest, they cannot afford to mess it up and make something rather unmemorable or something you don't want to remember.

Think we'll get pricing at this event?

Too bad they didn't put the kind of effort they did for fake sound to update the Hemi.

A parable:
Hey! This champagne you gave us to drink looks and tastes like Kool-Aid. What is it?
The people running the show claim it's named "Authenticity", and make sure everybody drinks some of it.

Last night I road in my first electric vehicle, a BMW, and it drove pretty well. As we drove, without malice, I began to ask questions and my friend’s glowing face began to mellow. He punched it at a crawl and my neck snapped, the power was instantaneous and intense. He admitted, he finds the car too sensitive to throttle inputs and a bit intimidating. He noted that the driving characteristics are different and really takes a relearning process to deliver safe or satisfying driving. When we spoke about the strangle hold of charging necessity, longer distance uncertainties and value depreciation and insurance costs his face drooped a bit more. I never broached the spontaneous fire risks because he is a friend. Enough.
I truly wish my friend luck, enjoyment and safe driving, but bottom line, I’m sticking with my gasoline powered Mopars.
Dodge in its Dayton produced an amazing electric car, but it’s still electric and any thoughts of giving one a try vanished last night in that BMW. No way, no how. It’s a Six Pack Hurricane or nothing.

Last edited:
Oh yea, I also wish Dodge success with the Daytona and the real possibility that this Charger will be the performance, excitement standout in the electric car universe. It may not be for me, but I think it has an audience and sales potential in its segment. That segment is small, shrinking and not enough to sustain the Dodge brand. Hybrids and ICE are a necessity. The new Charger is a real achievement make no mistake. I will definitely give it a test drive with no intention to buy one. It’s a Dodge Electric after all, got to at least drive one, right?

Last edited:
I am truly anxious to see and hear this car for real. I would love to know more about the Six Pack for sure but I am at least intrigued by the Daytona. I think it has the potential to be a star in the EV world and it's looks are quite amazing. I do with they would have put the E-Rupt system in the 400V Daytona cars to give them that more "organic" feel but I think the car will be okay. I think especially when the aftermarket gets to it with some wheels, some Aero upgrades, graphics, lights, etc. I think this car will actually do exactly what Stellantis planned for it to do. Be a standout offering in the EV realm. I've been in EVs before (Telsa Model-3 Dual motor cars and a few other EVs that lacked that kind of power) but one thing is for certain that the way a powerful EV can launch is nothing short of impressive. Outside of that though, there's not much of anything to them, they're just a quiet, mundane transportation device, but then again, so is a pentastar Charger SXT. I think a car with 670hp and 627lb-ft of torque (even with it's steamroller weight) will be motivating and hopefully this car, although an EV, will be engaging.

Make it open source and let programmer Tune and sell tunes.

Spaceship sound, or music or have is sound like a car..... Let people choose.

Y'all do know that it is a requirement at low speeds that is make some sort of sound? Right?

Both the Alfa and JGC have a similar noise, the Electric motors actually do have a sound but only at higher RPM. In the Alfa it is very prominent in the back seats.

I like what Dodge is doing here, just needs to be open source.

On both FB pages you will get people asking how to unhook the speakers... I like to remind them that Jeep and the Insurance company and potentially your local prosecutor will be very interested in that question if they are in an accident, especially with a pedestrian.

The electric motors straining against the gears when I move from a stop makes this pleasant robot companion sound. I don't think Dodge should try to hide that aspect of an electrified vehicle.

An automotive sound which I fondly remember is a Chrysler Industrial Hemi with the open exhaust manifolds. Some Elgin Pelicans used to be powered by them. Those particular first generation Hemi engines had one barrel carburetors and were strictly low RPM units. The whole neighborhood knew when the street sweeper was around.

Both the Alfa and JGC have a similar noise, the Electric motors actually do have a sound but only at higher RPM. In the Alfa it is very prominent in the back seats.

I like what Dodge is doing here, just needs to be open source.

On both FB pages you will get people asking how to unhook the speakers... I like to remind them that Jeep and the Insurance company and potentially your local prosecutor will be very interested in that question if they are in an accident, especially with a pedestrian.

I truly hope that the Charger has a good noise.

I never really thought much about the EV noise until now. We live in a neighborhood that is mostly seniors. Since there are no sidewalks, they all love to walk down the middle of the streets. My wife is constantly telling me how she's had to follow someone for several minutes because the Prius EV noise is too quiet for them to hear when she's behind them. We're always afraid to give a brief honk on the horn incase that scares them, so we just slowly crawl a distance behind them until we meet a car coming the other direction that they move for (and then are startled to see a car behind them), or we get home.

I never have that problem in my Cherokee lol

Last night I road in my first electric vehicle, a BMW, and it drove pretty well. As we drove, without malice, I began to ask questions and my friend’s glowing face began to mellow. He punched it at a crawl and my neck snapped, the power was instantaneous and intense. He admitted, he finds the car too sensitive to throttle inputs and a bit intimidating. He noted that the driving characteristics are different and really takes a relearning process to deliver safe or satisfying driving. When we spoke about the strangle hold of charging necessity, longer distance uncertainties and value depreciation and insurance costs his face drooped a bit more. I never broached the spontaneous fire risks because he is a friend. Enough.
I truly wish my friend luck, enjoyment and safe driving, but bottom line, I’m sticking with my gasoline powered Mopars.
Dodge in its Dayton produced an amazing electric car, but it’s still electric and any thoughts of giving one a try vanished last night in that BMW. No way, no how. It’s a Six Pack Hurricane or nothing.

I've driven Teslas, and the acceleration is cool, but I feel like there is nothing else interesting to me.

"While Dodge’s innovative technology is likely to appeal to die-hard muscle car enthusiasts, it has sparked debate and skepticism within the automotive community. Some critics argue that this approach might mislead consumers and mask the true nature of EVs, which are known for their efficiency and environmental benefits. Purists see it as an attempt to hide the reality of electric propulsion behind a manufactured noise."
Outside of the fact that they're supposed to be mandating that all EVs make sound, I've read that statement over and over again and I think of statements from Tim Kuniskis when Dodge did that "time travel" video and went back and met with "John & Horace." TK literally said in the video that this car was not meant to be a beacon of efficiency or live up to the "environmentally friendly" status quo that EV's are typically known for. This car was designed to be fun and engaging and more like a Dodge. It's meant to be a belligerent and unruly middle finger to the people who wanted them to change into a company that sells HOA approved vehicles and look nice in little quiet gated communities and basically "Grow up" and become boring little drones like the Tesla Model 3s and Camrys of the world. Dodge said, okay sure, we'll make an EV, but it's not going to fit in to that boring mold that the suits want. The Dodge guys have stressed over and over that this car will be a Dodge first and an EV second and hopefully this car lives up to that statement. The second part of that segment I quoted makes me think of the YouTube video with David Borla as he talks about his product, the Borla "Active Performance Sound" system for EVs.
https://www.borla.com/active-perfor...eR0xy7fykmoVQODBBswe7NZpwr9-6Q6saAmdgEALw_wcB

The fratzonic system has a uniqueness to it and It will be interesting to see what the aftermarket does with this. Especially Borla. The team over at Borla really do alot when it comes to tuning sound in and out of an exhaust. from Acoustically Tuned Applied Kinetics systems to Polyphonic harmonizers and all of the stuff they do with different materials and pipes and shapes and sizes, I think they will most likely be the ones to be first to market with systems to change the sound of the Fratzonic system, adding depth and different levels of resonance seeing that the fratzonic system uses pipes and resonators to tune the sound coming out of it, much like building a box for a subwoofer based on the car it's going in. Borla also may change different things such as the size of the woofers or certain other things. Granted they're not going to use a 24" MTX Jackhammer Subwoofer but utilizing different speaker technology similar to what competition subwoofer systems are made of and materials along with different tubing and material would definitely allow Borla to market some potentially nice and quality aftermarket upgrades to whatever Dodge brings out from the factory and I'm sure they'll be more than loud enough.

I've said before, I think companies like Borla and Vicrez are going to be instrumental in bringing out a bit more of what the car can be. Vicrez already makes amazing styling upgrades for the current Challengers, Chargers and Durango SUVs so I don't see any reason as to why it won't be the same for the next-gen car. Spoilers, diffusers, side skirts, hoods, and maybe even fascia upgrades or door upgrades that will add styling to this car. We may even see in the future Direct Connection offer drivetrain upgrades that allow for the E-Rupt system to be added to the 400V powertrains along with some other trickle-down "jailbreaks" that could enhance this vehicle. I also give it about a year before we get our first aftermarket "Tunes" for this vehicle along with thermal management systems that take alot of the cooling technology from gaming computers and implements them into EV thermal management. All in all, I think that this could potentially kick off the EV modification world in the car community, which isn't a bad thing.
Already shared it in the spotting thread but for those who've heard it already, thoughts? It gives off a more burbly Taycan.
Not going to lie if that's what the EV Charger sounds like, it sounds better than that quick clip of the Hurricane-6 from the Time Travel video that Tim Kuniskis did with "The Dodge Brothers"

The latest HO Coyote and Corvette engines don't sound good either. Issue we have is 392 may have been the best sounding Production V8 ever made.

I doubt that TT video has the Charger final tune, I have heard some fantastic sound i6 tunes so it can be hell Alfa manages to make 4 cylinders engines sound awesome bring those guys in to help.

I've driven Teslas, and the acceleration is cool, but I feel like there is nothing else interesting to me.
Again, the issue is you're a passenger even in the driver's seat. Basically, the Incredibles line "If everyone is special, then no one is." Because of the torque is impossible for a human to manage, your Autonomous robot shaped like car has to do it for you. Hell of a ride, but not a hell of a drive.

Make it open source and let programmer Tune and sell tunes.

Spaceship sound, or music or have is sound like a car..... Let people choose.

Y'all do know that it is a requirement at low speeds that is make some sort of sound? Right?
Just make flatulence an option like Tesla . Very appropriate for the genre.

Back