What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis Post It’s Sales Numbers For The U.S. In Q2 2024!

Stellantis Post It’s Sales Numbers For The U.S. In Q2 2024!​

Despite a Decline in Overall Sales, Plug-In Hybrid Models Shine Brightly...​

1720040404963.png

Stellantis (FCA US) reported sales of 344,993 vehicles for the second quarter of 2024. While overall U.S. sales declined by 21% compared to last year’s period, the company showed a 4%improvement quarter-over-quarter. The decrease in sales was attributed to high vehicle prices, rising interest rates, and less attractive sales incentives. However, Stellantis is working closely with its leadership and dealers to address these challenges and better serve customers.

Goodness sakes why don’t they pull the plug on Fiat in the US. I don’t know how they can get a dealer to even agree to continue to stock and support it. No one is buying . Literally almost no one.

Time to reboot but not panic. Align prices with economic conditions, forget the all electric hoax and give folks what they want. Simple.

Goodness sakes why don’t they pull the plug on Fiat in the US. I don’t know how they can get a dealer to even agree to continue to stock and support it. No one is buying . Literally almost no one.
They'd probably have people actually trying to find a dealer if the prices weren't going off "its premium!!!" and only that.
$400/mo leases vs Ioniq 5 around mid $200 and bZ4X usually below the $200 mark.
I'm already seeing dealers discount the little guy to $29,000 which should've been the base price from the start..probably lower, actually.
They could work here if they didn't just market being Italian, but unfortunately they're not bringing it.

The Fiat 500e is just getting started. The port at the point of entry for the USA was closed because a ship ran into a bridge, blocking the channel. The 500X is in its twilight awaiting a replacement.

That said, the marketing of the Fiat brand in the US has been series of errors. Fiat USA insisted on selling it products in a boutique setting, concentrating only on the 500 themed vehicles, while restricting the Panda and Tipo lines to other markets. They ignored the advice given by members of the CAB, which suggested a return to the strategies by which the old pre-Daimler Chrysler sold Mitsubishi products in all the showrooms. Some Mitsubishi vehicles were simply rebadged, while drivetrains and other engineering pieces were used on domestic Chrysler products. FCA management chose to ignore what worked successfully in the past and went in another direction.

From what I see Fiat USA is doubling down on selling the Fiat 500 as a boutique item. The brand will be offering a continuous line of special editions of the 500. Fiat advertises the 500e as having the lowest price of any EV sold in America, but the monthly lease payments for the Fiat 500 are higher than the EV products from competitors. Plus, the Fiat 500 occupies a very tiny niche in the marketplace, unlike the cheaper to lease Chevy Equinox EV for example.

It is hard to understand why Fiat tried to market the 500X here as a mini-Jeep, when the company already owns Jeep and was building the Renegade on the same line. Meanwhile, lighter weight front drive and sportier trims were offered in the markets. There won't be a replacement for the X sold here. The Fiat 600 doesn't comply with our safety stands. Unfortunately we won't get the Grande Panda, or any of the other new Fiats in the pipeline.

The question remains whether is it too late for Fiat to change their marketing strategy for North America.

only reason I know you can get a 50E is that I saw one at the dealer.

Those not following along would never know.... Also y'all know international shipping is a disaster at the moment.

500e becomes $299 a month, per the Fiat NA press for the Grande Panda (which is under evaluation for the US at the moment).
Still undercut by the Ioniq 5 and Nissan Ariya but certainly better than whatever they were doing the first months of it on the market.
Unsure if there's many 500e in the US to begin with however.

101 sold in 45 days vs 1,031 on the lots as of that report, looking at the article.
Car was around $414 a month at the time.. 😬

Stellantis last participated in the CES in January of 2023 and had this to say back then about their Free-2-Move business unit and its plans for the Fiat 500e.

Free2move, as part of Stellantis' Dare Forward 2030 plans, is supporting the transition toward electrification. The group is committed to meeting its shared objective of becoming carbon net-zero by 2038. At CES, Free2move will be showcasing the Fiat 500e, an iconic object of urban mobility, as a testament to the affordable, sustainable, fashionable and functional future of Free2move mobility. The group envisions this as the new flagship offering for Free2move free-floating and subscription car services across the U.S. and Europe, as part of its mission to make EVs more accessible.

The 500e, Grande Panda, and the next Jeep Renegade are all good candidates for car sharing services such as Free-2-Move. A subscription service for these relatively affordable EVs would address the concerns of apartment dwellers not having access to home charging and the resale value woes of battery electric vehicles.

I wonder what happened to this plan for the Fiat.:unsure:

101 sold in 45 days vs 1,031 on the lots as of that report, looking at the article.
Car was around $414 a month at the time.. 😬
That math is hard to figure out there are 320 or so dealers mine has 1.... so if there are 1031 actually distributed and mine is a not a odd dealer out, someone else has a bunch.

The KIA Niro EV has a $199 lease deal they are offering briefly, while corporate cousin Hyundai is asking $259 monthly for their IONIQ 5. Both of these lease deals require a 4 Grand down payment. The Subaru Solterra is $329 per month but only requires $329 for a down payment, which puts it within a few Dollars of the total cost of the IONIQ 5. I wonder what Fiat is asking for a down payment.

Come to think of it Dodge should try some of these types of lease deals for their Hornet PHEV.

Tavares (CEO) shot down all the brand heads on their requests for aggressive incentives and pricing support.
Oooookay then...

(I think I posted in less relevant article but screw it, still kinda correlates.)

Last edited:
until the capacity is sorted for sure

Back