Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Dodge Charger SIX PACK H/O Coupe Ready To Take On Mustang

The muscle car wars are back on with the introduction of the next-generation Dodge Charger. While the Charger is moving past its HEMI® V8 lineup in favor of a new twin-turbocharged inline-six-cylinder engine, the new Charger two-door coupe looks to take on Ford’s new Mustang Dark Horse head-on in early 2025. While Ford has vowed that a V8 will be under the hood of its S650 Mustang for as long as possible, the boys at the blue oval upped their game for 2024 with the introduction of the Dark Horse – a 500 horsepower Coyote V8-powered performance machine with some … (read full article...)

tempImage2sQIDZ.png

Mopar392

Reaction score
I like the rear shot.
Hopefully, they'll offer something down the road with more than 550hp ICE engine.

TripleT

Reaction score
I like the rear shot.
Hopefully, they'll offer something down the road with more than 550hp ICE engine.
Well you got the ZF hybrid transmission. and 1000 hp version on the durability stands

bill burke

Reaction score
Would I love a Hemi in this, sure, but the Six Pack, maybe with a new song to sing, is a very impressive offering. Call it large, but the passenger accommodations in the old Challenger was a big selling point. Yes indeed, size matters.
The only chance Dodge has of survival IS the Six Pack and some new product other than another SUV like a compact coupe and a convertible Charger.
The Charger is growing on me and I hope too, on the customers out there.

MoparRay

Reaction score
The Charger won't be competitive with the Mustang because of it's weight and size. There are rumors that the Challenger or Barracuda could come back with a smaller size and convertible models to compete with the Mustang.

Reactions: RLH

Mopar392

Reaction score
Me too. Like the 7.0 Hemi.
It’s like beating a dead horse.
A factory HEMI in the new Charger is not going to happen unless Stellantis finds away to offset the mpg and emissions.
But, you can always swap a HEMI.

bill burke

Reaction score
The Charger won't be competitive with the Mustang because of it's weight and size. There are rumors that the Challenger or Barracuda could come back with a smaller size and convertible models to compete with the Mustang.
I can not see a way forward without new product that pushes the envelope. First it was the Avenger and then the Fiat 500 that brought gas engines back in a face saving effort by Stellantis to acknowledge that their 2030 plan is a bust. Arrogance and hubris might infect the corporate elite, but the result of their excess and foolishness is being inflicted on 400 plus engineers at headquarters in North America. What a shame. Time to eat crow and bring the stuff people want and will buy. Lots full of electric paper weights is all the proof these guys should need. Dodge needs gas powered performance compacts and a next generation Challenger. Get going Dodge.

JohnRogers

Reaction score
One strike already is no manual transmission, I may be able to over look that. I'll need a sunroof that opens otherwise I'm out. As for the HEMI thing I'm on record thinking of this like the Buick Grand National and GNX.

JohnRogers

Reaction score
I can not see a way forward without new product that pushes the envelope. First it was the Avenger and then the Fiat 500 that brought gas engines back in a face saving effort by Stellantis to acknowledge that their 2030 plan is a bust. Arrogance and hubris might infect the corporate elite, but the result of their excess and foolishness is being inflicted on 400 plus engineers at headquarters in North America. What a shame. Time to eat crow and bring the stuff people want and will buy. Lots full of electric paper weights is all the proof these guys should need. Dodge needs gas powered performance compacts and a next generation Challenger. Get going Dodge.
The 400 plus firings/layoffs have nothing to do with product sales but redundancy in a European corporation. Lido chose Bob Eaton instead of Bob Lutz, the **** all starts there.

AlexB

Reaction score
We gone through versions same old discussion: "Its about stuff at the right price & margin"", NOT "bring the stuff people want and will buy".... because the truth is they didn't buy a third-rate at best compact.
Also as stated on Autoline by Micky Bly, (Micky Bly,Stellantis's head of global propulsion system development on Autoline After Hours)
gasoline-powered Vehicle will only increase in price due to the technology of emission standards, which will narrow the cost gap with EV Powertrains.
Hence the Chairman Chrysler has had since 2009 (John Elkann) rightfully sees spending $3 billion on buying Stellantis's stock a better business usage of cash than going back to the failed low-to-no margin past.

TripleT

Reaction score
One strike already is no manual transmission, I may be able to over look that. I'll need a sunroof that opens otherwise I'm out. As for the HEMI thing I'm on record thinking of this like the Buick Grand National and GNX.
Automatics have always been the fastest 1/4 mile cars. Plus the take rate is JUST MISERABLE

JohnRogers

Reaction score
Automatics have always been the fastest 1/4 mile cars. Plus the take rate is JUST MISERABLE
Not always but yes automatics are faster. Manuals are more fun to drive and very recently take rates have been up, no I have no evidence that will last.

TripleT

Reaction score
Not always but yes automatics are faster. Manuals are more fun to drive and very recently take rates have been up, no I have no evidence that will last.
Race cars don't have gate manual anymore. Maybe NOICECAR but any speed related racing has paddle shifters, It just not associated with Speed anymore.

Mopar392

Reaction score
So look what was quietly hiding at Moab for easter
If it’s 500hp out of Hurricane 3.0l and 4Xe, this means it’s based on the 420hp SO version and that’s 80hp increase but with instant off the line torque.
The same with the HO version would be around 620-630hp.

vbondjr1

Reaction score
It's kind of an apples and oranges comparison to put the Charger against the mustang in any category besides being they're both American branded vehicles and they come with two passenger doors. The mustang is a sport compact while the Charger is a mid/full size vehicle. While they both offer performance, these are two different classes of vehicles. The Charger will likely be the faster of the two, depending on the powerband of the Hurricane-6 and also the fact that it has an advantage of AWD, but that doesn't take away from the Charger's heft. Granted it is slated to be lighter than the current gen cars but how close will it be to the compact "pony car" to make it truly competitive? Also how competitive will it be in handling? Yes it's AWD but again it's a much larger vehicle. While it may be closer to the Mustang than the two current Mopar muscle cars, only time will tell how it would fare against a smaller, lighter car with a decent amount of power. The Charger's size is not all bad though and actually in many ways makes it a much better option all around than the dimensionally challenged, cramped and uncomfortable mustang. While this car may have its disadvantages on the track, on the streets, the Charger will be an all around better vehicle. All-wheel drive means that it will be better in all four seasons the longer, wider wheelbase with the massive tires means that it will be planted and stable on the road and AWD should help with handling as well. It's performance goes right along with practicality, which makes this car way more versatile and more valuable than what Ford offers. What is really going to set this car apart is the level of customization this car can attain from not only the aftermarket, but, from Direct connection itself. I would say if DC can offer different turbo-back exhaust systems, bolt on turbo stage kit upgrades with the usual things like intercoolers, turbo piping, blow off valves, intakes, injectors, Stage Tunes with a race fuel option like what is on the CD170, Suspension upgrades, hoods, aero upgrades, jailbreak packages and also individual jailbreak items and things like that, this car is going to take the market by storm. We already know they're working on a Cat-X version of this engine so adding power is not out of the question for this engine. I am anxious to see what the new car brings to the table and I hope that both the Coupe and the Sedan will offer Standard outputs and High Outputs in GT & Super Bee trim (since R/T and Scat Pack are taken by the EV)

vbondjr1

Reaction score
If it’s 500hp out of Hurricane 3.0l and 4Xe, this means it’s based on the 420hp SO version and that’s 80hp increase but with instant off the line torque.
The same with the HO version would be around 620-630hp.
What would be even crazier is if Dodge isn't telling us something and they put this setup in the ICE powered Charger! Crazy to think that just maybe there could be more lurking behind the scenes that hasn't been revealed yet. I mean just think, a base 2.0L 375hp hybrid, an SO with about 500hp and an HO with around 620-630hp and loads of torque in all of them with power shots and a plethora of Direct Connection upgrades. To me, that would be a win-win for Dodge! electrified powertrains that still offer an internal combustion engine, the EPA would be off their backs and we have cars with alot of power and low end torque thanks to the electrified bits giving power down low while the turbos take over mid-top end and we can still mod them! That would be awesome for everything from the Chargers, the next Gen Durango, ) the STLA: large platform pickup (Dakota or Rampage), Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep Recon, Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator, and even the STLA: Frame platform vehicles. Dodge literally has everything they need to continue moving forward with all of the power any of us could ever want and then some. We could even take it a step further and say what if Dodge offered an SRT Charger option with the 1,000+hp Cat-X engine with a hybrid powertrain? The sky is still the limit for what Stellantis can do with the Mopar brands. We lost V8's, we didn't loose horsepower and performance. I personally wouldn't be upset if that is what they did with the next gen cars! but that's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread