Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Jeep® Compass: Continued Legacy With Subtle Refinements

In a world where the automotive landscape is constantly evolving, the 2024 Jeep® Compass (MP) emerges as a steadfast contender, proving that sometimes subtle refinement is the key to enduring excellence. With a lineage rooted in Jeep’s legendary 4×4 performance, the Compass steps into the arena of Compact Utility Vehicles (C-UV) with an array of … (read full article...)

tempImageTiA7Ig.png

Last edited by a moderator:

bill burke

Reaction score
It seems Jeep is having issues sorting out its models. The Compass is positioned just right and awaits the change to a new Stellantis corporate platform. That switch will bring next generation electrification to the Compass.
The Cherokee is essential to the Jeep brand but it’s positioning above Compass is problematic. I love mine and it was the extra size and V-6 option that drove me to the Cherokee. For most buyers there is too little difference between the two and if price is the only issue, then many settle on the much too similar Compass.
The Cherokee must grow wider and longer, keeping its six cylinder option and make refinements of quality and feel in the interior to set it apart. Most important though is it’s nearer Grand Cherokee capability that demands rear wheel drive and a hybrid option far more capable than Compass. With Grand Cherokee growing in size, the next generation Wagoneer S spin off must find a clear distinction above Compass in all respects to succeed in this brands somewhat confusing product mix. The whole process of clarification is moving too slowly and sales are suffering. Time to give people not only choices, but clarity in those choices real quick.

Users who are viewing this thread