Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$12,500 credit for electric car, but only if car and battery are made in US

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
GoodBye Windsor and Brampton - its in the "free" trillion dollar "plan" Biden has, needs to be noted here

cygnus

Reaction score
Good chance it won't pass. They didn't have the votes last week, and they don't have the votes now.

cygnus

Reaction score
Brampton is already going to be gone according to what I have heard.

From a current product standpoint I could understand this, but not from a future utilization standpoint. Is the facility so dated that it can't be retrofitted for different/more profitable vehicle production?

plymouth1

Reaction score
My opinion is there should be no credits of any kind for any electric vehicles. If they can't build and sell them simply because people actually want them, then they should not be building them at all. Mandating them into existence is complete BS

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
Brampton is already going to be gone according to what I have heard.
I know the land the plant is on is worth a mint, they could sell the land and buy land AND build an all new plant somewhere less expensive and probably still make a profit. That option must be on the table in some form

Users who are viewing this thread