What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FIRST LOOK: 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona First Editions

FIRST LOOK: 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona First Editions​

My Honest Opinion of the New Dodge Charger After Seeing It in Person...​

1723253346411.png

The all-new, all-electric 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona made its official public debut today at the media preview for Roadkill Nights Presented by Dodge at M1 Concourse in Pontiac, Michigan. I was among the invited journalists who saw the new Charger Daytona up close. After seeing multiple prototypes testing on the streets of Detroit, the production model is very faithful to the concept I saw in 2022.

Love the red R/T with the black wheels (presumably black top package) that was displayed outside. White looks nice too.

I’m IN with some lingering reservations. Heck, if I’m going to replace my Jeep, why not with this generous hatchback in muscle car clothing , AWD work of art? Yea, I have to convince the wife, reservation number one, but the Jeep has spent zero time driving in deep snow or mud or over big rocks, so why the concern dear? She is under five foot and likes the sightline on the Jeep. That’s going to take some conversation. Any suggestions guys ?
Of course reservation number two, electric power, is a game breaker, so reservation solved with the Six Pack. Actually excited on that one.
Lastly the small improvement to the production version has mellowed reservation three, I must have, as a child of the 60s muscle car era, silver chrome wheels and some kind of bold accents to add aggressive identity. That black on red hood looks aggressive to me. Silver chrome wheels...check!
Indeed, after viewing the new Charger production version, I’m definitely in, with a maybe. Most important, Tim and his team has made every effort to make Dodge fans happy, so I must consider saying thank you by giving this one some real consideration. I’m even thinking the electric Daytona will have more takers than I anticipated. I mean the competition is a jelly bean Tesla. I rest my case without reservation on that one.

I am ROTFL (rolling on the floor laughing for anyone that doesn't know what that means) LOL My favorite line of this whole entire article is, "While some enthusiasts have expressed disappointment over the absence of scallops in the front doors—an iconic feature on Chargers of the past" I'm some enthusiasts!!!! LOL!!!!
Everything aside EV or not, the car is absolutely gorgeous and I can not wait to see this thing in person!!! The Design team did an amazing job on this car!!!! Dodge is far from dead with this car and true the EVs may be a low volume seller (or they may not be who knows) but this car is absolutely phenomenal to look at. As I've said before I hope the coupe and the sedan of the six pack get both the S/O and H/O options and I also hope that we can get alot of Direct Connection upgrades for the Six Pack cars! I'm truly excited for the next Chapter of Dodge and I am really looking forward to seeing what comes out next on the STLA Large platform for the Dodge Brand with Hurricane-6 power. Hopefully a Durango and a Dakota. I AM DEFINITELY GOING TO BE REPLACING MY 2013 CHARGER WITH THE HURRICANE VERSION OF THIS VEHICLE IN THE NEAR FUTURE!!!!! LONG LIVE MOPAR!

Buy a Scallop decal.... some people favorite hobby is to complain.

Buy a Scallop decal.... some people favorite hobby is to complain.
Of course Triple, the DC and after market should have a party with this canvas. Took a bit to bring me around, but I will be behind the wheel of this car real soon. Hey T, how do I sell this idea to my better half ? Jewelry perhaps, another visit to Saint Barth ? She loves Paris in the spring and an evening cruise on the Seine with dinner of course, I can try that ploy, again. Any suggestions ?

Last edited:
Looks great. Love the design and love the Q’s from the ‘68-70 and ‘11-14 Chargers!!
Looking forward to the ICE version. No EV for me. BTW even the full hood looks better on the ICE versions over the EV. Front spoiler still doesn’t look right.

Love the stripes on the After Dark, really makes it the more better to stare at. Saw the black hood decal coming also.

I think with the right lease prices the Daytona cars will do okay in terms of general EV sales. I'll expect 3,000 or less per quarter, might not even get there until the sedan shows itself though.

Scallops are a perfect and simple addition come refresh time, as the design stands there isnt much room for change besides those IMO

It looks like an early design study before the current Challenger came out. Odd proportions and not at all bold. Not a fan. At least it sounds interesting going down the road.

I’m IN with some lingering reservations. Heck, if I’m going to replace my Jeep, why not with this generous hatchback in muscle car clothing , AWD work of art? Yea, I have to convince the wife, reservation number one, but the Jeep has spent zero time driving in deep snow or mud or over big rocks, so why the concern dear? She is under five foot and likes the sightline on the Jeep. That’s going to take some conversation. Any suggestions guys ?
Of course reservation number two, electric power, is a game breaker, so reservation solved with the Six Pack. Actually excited on that one.
Lastly the small improvement to the production version has mellowed reservation three, I must have, as a child of the 60s muscle car era, silver chrome wheels and some kind of bold accents to add aggressive identity. That black on red hood looks aggressive to me. Silver chrome wheels...check!
Indeed, after viewing the new Charger production version, I’m definitely in, with a maybe. Most important, Tim and his team has made every effort to make Dodge fans happy, so I must consider saying thank you by giving this one some real consideration. I’m even thinking the electric Daytona will have more takers than I anticipated. I mean the competition is a jelly bean Tesla. I rest my case without reservation on that one.

Of course Triple, the DC and after market should have a party with this canvas. Took a bit to bring me around, but I will be behind the wheel of this car real soon. Hey T, how do I sell this idea to my better half ? Jewelry perhaps, another visit to Saint Barth ? She loves Paris in the spring and an evening cruise on the Seine with dinner of course, I can try that ploy, again. Any suggestions ?
Convince here is her idea, I should change my avatar graphic to the Jeeps, because if the Alfa has a Charge she takes it.

Scallops are a perfect and simple addition come refresh time, as the design stands there isnt much room for change besides those IMO
They also could be offered on the Six pack and not the EV as another way to distinguish the two models.

I see some comments her describing this design as "gorgeous" etc. I'm not sure what some people's definition of gorgeous is, but this design imho is hideous, I've owned a 16 Hellcat for nearly 5 years before selling in in 21 and that imho opinion was an iconic work of engineeringand art(yes the scalloped doors were a huge part of the appeal)adding flared fenders in later years just added to it's attraction for me but this version electric or not is as plain vanilla as any American or foreign car could be and pales in comparison to my current ride of engineering and artistic beauty a 17 Jaguar F-TYPE R ! This Charger to me is reminiscent of an early 2000's Mitsubishi Gallant and has absolutely nothing iconic about it's bland design and regardless of some not wanting anything to do with electric it will sell a small percentage of the high volume sales of the previous version and personally whomever designed it and or approved of the final design should be kicked to the curb with extreme prejudice!!

Back