Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

550 HP 2025 Dodge Charger SIX PACK H/O Coupe Coming

In a bold move, Dodge is rewriting the rules of the muscle car game with its all-new 2025 Charger SIX PACK lineup. Departing from the traditional HEMI® V8 engines, Dodge is embracing innovation by introducing the twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter ‘Hurricane’ I6 engines, dubbed the ‘SIX PACK’, as the powerhouse behind its latest muscle car offerings. The Charger SIX PACK comes in two variants: the high-output (H/O) version for the two-door coupe and the standard-output (S/O) version for the four-door sedan. The 2025 Charger SIX PACK coupe packs a punch with its high-output (H/O) Hurricane engine, boasting a formidable 550 horsepower and … (read full article...)

Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 12.47.14 PM.jpeg

scatpack_69

Reaction score
According to Caleb Jacobs at The Drive there will be no manual transmission for the Sixpack. I admit this might be a deal breaker, maybe...
Manual was never a consideration, especially not with AWD. We’ve essentially known this

JohnRogers

Reaction score
Manual was never a consideration, especially not with AWD. We’ve essentially known this
Apologies, I'm not an automotive engineer but manual transmissions have been offered with RWD and FWD. Jeeps and other 4x4 vehicles come with manual transmissions. What makes AWD and a manual transmission so difficult?

scatpack_69

Reaction score
Nothing. But the manual market is drying up every year, they aren’t sinking development money into a fringe niche transmission when they have an AWD automatic ready to rock and roll. That every car will use.

If it were something like a WRX that only comes in manual, that’s one thing. But Subie only makes AWD although I think they have one RWD joint venture with Toyota.

vbondjr1

Reaction score
Curious as to why dodge wouldn't offer the coupe with a standard output variant as well and offer a high output version of the sedan as well? Like a six pack r/t and a six pack scat pack.

James.A

Reaction score
My question now that this has settled in is - what is replacing the GT trims? Will there be a GMET4 or Pentastar lower trim? Will the SO fill that role (can't imagine it would)? Or are these just going to be astronomically priced, upper trim only cars?

Mopar392

Reaction score
Curious as to why dodge wouldn't offer the coupe with a standard output variant as well and offer a high output version of the sedan as well? Like a six pack r/t and a six pack scat pack.

My question now that this has settled in is - what is replacing the GT trims? Will there be a GMET4 or Pentastar lower trim? Will the SO fill that role (can't imagine it would)? Or are these just going to be astronomically priced, upper trim only cars?

They won’t show all the offerings now. Maybe as we get closer to the production date, more information will be released.
Or, they will offer limited models in the first year, and then offer more models.

scatpack_69

Reaction score
Fully expect them to expand. Hell, this is the company that can’t keep SRT-only styling on SRT vehicles, they water it down to V6 so nothing looks special.

scatpack_69

Reaction score
How much different in appearance was a 1968 Charger R/T from a 318 version other than badges and stripes?
What the hell does a ‘68 Charger have to do with anything? Not a goddamn thing, coming closer and closer to 60 years gone by and it’s about as irrelevant as saying the sky is blue. Boy you folks sure like to argue and make pointless statements. Focus here boy

So let’s rewind….not too long ago….2015…..Hellcat was EASILY identifiable from an SRT, which was EASILY identifiable from an RT, which was EASILY identifiable from a then-SXT. One glance and you knew (if you knew). Durango is especially bad, they all look the same.

So…..it stands to reason they will expand powertrain offerings to cover bases, the must-have-a-four-door-crowd gets their 550hp

Users who are viewing this thread