Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

550 HP 2025 Dodge Charger SIX PACK H/O Coupe Coming

In a bold move, Dodge is rewriting the rules of the muscle car game with its all-new 2025 Charger SIX PACK lineup. Departing from the traditional HEMI® V8 engines, Dodge is embracing innovation by introducing the twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter ‘Hurricane’ I6 engines, dubbed the ‘SIX PACK’, as the powerhouse behind its latest muscle car offerings. The Charger SIX PACK comes in two variants: the high-output (H/O) version for the two-door coupe and the standard-output (S/O) version for the four-door sedan. The 2025 Charger SIX PACK coupe packs a punch with its high-output (H/O) Hurricane engine, boasting a formidable 550 horsepower and … (read full article...)

Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 12.47.14 PM.jpeg

bill burke

Reaction score
The Six Pack Charger Just might be the model to push the Charger line to new sales figures and wider accessibility to the muscle car market. For me,it’s a game changer.

vbondjr1

Reaction score
I'm completely in love with both the ev and the hurricane. Can't wait to see the banshee. I hope direct connection has alot in store for both ev and hurricane powered cars! Way to go Dodge!!!!

Mike201

Reaction score
The Six Pack Charger Just might be the model to push the Charger line to new sales figures and wider accessibility to the muscle car market. For me,it’s a game changer.
You are so right Bill! This car looks great, being offered in both 2 and 4 door with both using ICE power plants. With 420 HP for a sedan that isn’t a Hemi, not bad at all for a family mover! My ‘13 AWD 3.6 moved out pretty damn good for a 6 banger, @300 HP. Can’t imagine the punch this will have.
I agree the sales could be great for both of these cars, but being a year out could really hurt!!! I know there are a lot of new Chargers sitting on lots right now, but they are not going to last a year. People looking for an ICE powered sedan that would prefer a Charger might not wait till the spring/summer of 2025 for a car. They will go somewhere else. This generation is not brand loyal like in our days.

scatpack_69

Reaction score
I think Dodge just hit a home run out of the park. Yes, we all lament losing the Hemi. Truly a sad day.

But a 550hp 6 with AWD!?? Holy, moly. Exactly what I want. Heck, the ev even seems like a home run.

James.A

Reaction score
Very much looking forward to the S/O 4 door. I just hope its priced to sell and we avoid the Jeep pricing situation. I wonder, will the 4 door Sixpack have the same front end as the H/O coupe???

vbondjr1

Reaction score
I want to see what both cars look like in Black (Six pack and Daytona). I cant wait to see what happens when the aftermarket companies get their hands on these cars! Especially companies like Vicrez! The six-pack hood already lends itself to Ideas such as matte black '69 Coronet scooped "Six Pack" hood and the sleek coupe styling begs for a few different spoiler options. Throw in some graphics, lower splitters and a few other small things and this car truly works. Power-wise, I think 550hp is an excellent place to start. Imagine this with a few Direct Connection stage kits that put this car up to 600hp while being street legal and emissions compliant.

cgseller

Reaction score
I thought the new (old) logo was being reserved for BEVs and the // logo was remaining on ICE? Did I miss that shift somewhere or was it all originally a dream?

TripleT

Reaction score
I want to see what both cars look like in Black (Six pack and Daytona). I cant wait to see what happens when the aftermarket companies get their hands on these cars! Especially companies like Vicrez! The six-pack hood already lends itself to Ideas such as matte black '69 Coronet scooped "Six Pack" hood and the sleek coupe styling begs for a few different spoiler options. Throw in some graphics, lower splitters and a few other small things and this car truly works. Power-wise, I think 550hp is an excellent place to start. Imagine this with a few Direct Connection stage kits that put this car up to 600hp while being street legal and emissions compliant.
50 is the mildest tune I can imagine.... Can't wait until the engine is hacked in the aftermarket. I guess there will be a "Power shot" feature maybe even stock on both. Indycar calls it Push to Pass.... just few seconds of added boast.

bill burke

Reaction score
I think Dodge just hit a home run out of the park. Yes, we all lament losing the Hemi. Truly a sad day.

But a 550hp 6 with AWD!?? Holy, moly. Exactly what I want. Heck, the ev even seems like a home run.
I personally don’t want the plug in hassle with electric, but electric does have a strong appeal factor. I owned and drag raced a mildly modified Eagle Talon TSI AWD with a turbo four and it was a high 12 second blast. The sound was aggressive with the after market exhaust and with the mods and with that AWD traction, it was a killer race car. True, while it lacked that V-8 roar, it did deliver on performance, handling and fun. There will be lots of folks gravitating to the Charger based on styling, features and performance and just like the Talon, that different performance note will not matter at all, because it will be the wall to wall smile on your face that matters most. I know, I lived it.

James.A

Reaction score
These are not going to be cheap.
I get the same impression. 50-60k range to start I bet. Not sure if this is an apples to apples comparison but, the new 2025 Ram rebel with the I6 is about $5k more to start than the 2024 with Hemi. I get a feeling the Charger will see a hike like this... I hope not.

Last edited:

Mike201

Reaction score
OK did I miss something? Not being an EV person I’m pretty impressed by the Six Pack seems like it will be a good engine and fast one at that. One thing I did not read between this article in the one that was before it introducing the EV was there was no mention of a hybrid. If memory serves me right, I believe that was discussed when they first released information about the new EV Dodge charger that was coming out in 2024/2025.

TripleT

Reaction score
I think the ZF that replaces the Torque converter will eventually be standard in all Rear-wheel-drive ICE vehicles, even if just with a Hybrid sized battery. Give them something to keep in the press, not just announce everything at once.

That is another 135hp so you sitting a 685hp .....

patfromigh

Reaction score
The default setup in the next gen ZF 8-speed is a 48V mild hybrid. The electric motor is in the transmission. The PHEV version uses some type of clutch (instead of the torque converter) so when it's running in battery only mode, the ICE stays disconnected from the transmission. I don't know what the mild hybrid uses. The ZF website doesn't say and the illustration shows four different options for a clutch and/or torque converter.

patfromigh

Reaction score
The default setup in the next gen ZF 8-speed is a 48V mild hybrid. The electric motor is in the transmission. The PHEV version uses some type of clutch (instead of the torque converter) so when it's running in battery only mode, the ICE stays disconnected from the transmission. I don't know what the mild hybrid uses. The ZF website doesn't say and the illustration shows four different options for a clutch and/or torque converter.
I forgot to add that production at Gray Court doesn't start until calendar year 2025. Don't forget there will also be a version of the next gen 8-speed built in Indiana. This is going to be a long slow roll out. I predict there will be some surprises along the way. I'm curious about the specifications of the Ramcharger's Pentastar V6. There is an Atkinson cycle version transversely mounted in the Pacifica hybrid minivan. How different will the longitudinal version be? With ZF saying 100 kilometers of range is possible with the next generation plugin hybrid eight speed, maybe the Pentastar will be picked for that duty.

Mopar392

Reaction score
I was hoping for a more differentiation on the front of SixPack than the Daytona.

Mopar392

Reaction score
Let’s see when Banshee comes out in 2025, if a more powerful version of SixPack would come out in 2026 or 2027.

Users who are viewing this thread