Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Pulls The Covers Off Of The Updated 2025 Ram 1500

Ram has pulled the covers off of its updated 2025 Ram 1500 (DT) pickup lineup. While the truck isn’t revolutionary, its powertrain options are. Ram has taken a unique approach to help move the brand’s half-ton pickup lineup forward into the age of electrification without leaving its core internal combustion engine (ICE) enthusiasts behind. Powertrain – First, the legendary 5.7-liter (345 cubic-inch) HEMI® V8 is gone for 2025. After 22 years under the hood of the Ram 1500, Ram has moved forward with introducing the state-of-the-art twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter Hurricane I6 engine. The new engine will give owners two new options … (read full article...)

RM025_033FNn8q977disk4dilg71ds28e56qj.jpeg

ipa0628

Reaction score
The new grill design is begging for a crosshair. I don't know why Ram abandoned it 5 years ago.
The new design is even more generic than the previous DT grills.

vbondjr1

Reaction score
Can we take a moment and just be in awe at the 3.0L Hurricane High output making 540hp and 521lb-ft of torque! That's the Hurricane Cat-3 engine in a production vehicle which seriously leads me to believe that we are going to see this variant in the upcoming Charger. That's insane! Even the entry level hurricane puts out 420hp and 470lb-ft. That is more than enough to be happy about in a truck, let alone the next-gen Charger. The engine makes more in Torque than a Dark Horse Mustang makes in Horsepower and still makes more horsepower. Even the standard output out-torque a Ford V8 and with AWD and everything that will probably be available for this car, the next gen Mopar vehicles promise to out perform the competition all the way around! I don't even care that this doesn't have a V8! The carb-compliant bolt on packages alone will make these cars amazing. As for the Ram, I'm absolutely impressed with every aspect of what Mopar has done and can't wait to really see the RHO and see what options that new pickup will bring to the table. Interestingly enough, we see the 3.6L Pentastar soldier on in a completely different way than expected, but in a truly productive manner than definitely bridges the gap in electric pickup trucks in an effective manner. Overall, I am impressed with what I'm seeing the brand do with the next-generation of vehicles. I am all for this new direction the brand is taking because it means Mopar performance lives and will continue on for the years to come!

jclick25

Reaction score
The new grill design is begging for a crosshair. I don't know why Ram abandoned it 5 years ago.
I think the toning down really shows on the Rebel. They took away the aggressive grill. They took away RAM on the tailgate. Cmon, these are features that made it stand out visually. I still like it but less so.
The upgraded tech features are awesome though

ipa0628

Reaction score
I think the toning down really shows on the Rebel. They took away the aggressive grill. They took away RAM on the tailgate. Cmon, these are features that made it stand out visually. I still like it but less so.
The upgraded tech features are awesome though
Taking the RAM letters away reeks of cost cutting. The previous Rebel was the best looking grill of the DT, now it looks very Tundra like.

Mopar392

Reaction score
The Ramcharger grill and front bumper looks much better than the Tungsten’s ones. The other ICE trims could be different but the ones on the Tungsten are overdone and fugly.

Mopar392

Reaction score
Can we take a moment and just be in awe at the 3.0L Hurricane High output making 540hp and 521lb-ft of torque! That's the Hurricane Cat-3 engine in a production vehicle which seriously leads me to believe that we are going to see this variant in the upcoming Charger. That's insane! Even the entry level hurricane puts out 420hp and 470lb-ft. That is more than enough to be happy about in a truck, let alone the next-gen Charger. The engine makes more in Torque than a Dark Horse Mustang makes in Horsepower and still makes more horsepower. Even the standard output out-torque a Ford V8 and with AWD and everything that will probably be available for this car, the next gen Mopar vehicles promise to out perform the competition all the way around! I don't even care that this doesn't have a V8! The carb-compliant bolt on packages alone will make these cars amazing. As for the Ram, I'm absolutely impressed with every aspect of what Mopar has done and can't wait to really see the RHO and see what options that new pickup will bring to the table. Interestingly enough, we see the 3.6L Pentastar soldier on in a completely different way than expected, but in a truly productive manner than definitely bridges the gap in electric pickup trucks in an effective manner. Overall, I am impressed with what I'm seeing the brand do with the next-generation of vehicles. I am all for this new direction the brand is taking because it means Mopar performance lives and will continue on for the years to come!

The Hurricane application for the cars is going to be impressive performance wise no doubt about it and it can also have a huge potential for tuning to extract more power.
But for a truck application were the payload & towing are huge buying decision factors, they are lower on both the SO and HO versions compared to the HEMI.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

I wrote an article about it a very long time ago.

InShot_20180903_212318455-1.jpg

TripleT

Reaction score
I have continued to say that the engine is a beast and all we get in return is complaints about the Exhaust and that it doesn't have a extra head to keep attached and from ticking........ It's a beast and awesome new toy.

People who want a project car can still order Crate engines or recover one. Its not like there isn't any L series cars in Junk yards from all sorts of jacking around and thefts.

540 in the lighter and stiffer and better packaged STLA large is going to be AWESOME.... PLEASE PLEASE Pair is with the Torque Converterless ZF. Then you have HellCat numbers or darn close.

patfromigh

Reaction score
PLEASE PLEASE Pair is with the Torque Converterless ZF. Then you have HellCat numbers or darn close.
First the bad news, the 4th generation hybrid transmission doesn't start production in Gray Court, SC until 2025. Now some surprise good news from the ZF website:
With the PHEV version, powerful electric motors integrated into the transmission housing enable purely electric driving performance of up to 160 kilowatts and a torque of 450 Nm – almost doubling compared to the previous generation. This puts PHEV vehicles with the new 8HP on a par with pure electric vehicles: Depending on the manufacturer and the battery size used, pure electric ranges of over 100 kilometers are possible.
I haven't even thought about the possibility of increasing the power of the electric motor in the transmission, because so much of the conversation about hybrids is about efficiency.

TripleT

Reaction score
What's being tooled up in Kokomo?

patfromigh

Reaction score
What's being tooled up in Kokomo?
According to the Future Product for US Shown in UAW Agreement video posted by RRB, Kokomo Transmission will continue the 850RE Generation 2 into 2028 and will launch the 880 RE Gen 4 in 2024. That's all I know.

TripleT

Reaction score
wispers they are working towards Torque Converterless trans also.

James.A

Reaction score
I like the styling enough. Nothing amazing here but just an evolution and its fine with me. I'm most interested in the coming reviews elaborating on how these drive and how the power is delivered in comparison to the outgoing Hemi. Anyone who knows what they're taking about know you can't just cite numbers off of a page. Numbers alone do not equate to driving experience.

vbondjr1

Reaction score
I have continued to say that the engine is a beast and all we get in return is complaints about the Exhaust and that it doesn't have a extra head to keep attached and from ticking........ It's a beast and awesome new toy.

People who want a project car can still order Crate engines or recover one. Its not like there isn't any L series cars in Junk yards from all sorts of jacking around and thefts.

540 in the lighter and stiffer and better packaged STLA large is going to be AWESOME.... PLEASE PLEASE Pair is with the Torque Converterless ZF. Then you have HellCat numbers or darn close.
I agree! If when you say the converterless ZF you're referencing the hybrid variant, I think it will exceed the regular hellcat numbers. At this point, the transmission itself has become a power adder. People have complained about the exhaust and while it's no v8, once aftermarket companies get their hands on these new vehicles it won't be long before we get some good sounding exhaust systems and some decent bolt ons. Hopefully direct connection will really be on the ball with this!

vbondjr1

Reaction score
First the bad news, the 4th generation hybrid transmission doesn't start production in Gray Court, SC until 2025. Now some surprise good news from the ZF website:

I haven't even thought about the possibility of increasing the power of the electric motor in the transmission, because so much of the conversation about hybrids is about efficiency.
160kW =214.564bhp
450nm - 331.903lb-ft force torque
550hp+215hp = 765hp
531lb-ft + 332lb-ft =863lb-ft of torque
So an AWD high performance Charger Daytona with a 3.0L HO hybrid powertrain had the potential of making 765hp and 863lb-ft of combined horsepower, which right there eclipses the regular Hellcat powertrain. Add in a 44hp starter motor from the 4Xe drivetrain and you have 809hp, 3HP more than a Black Ghost with way more torque all in a eco-friendly package. That is before any stage kits or any aftermarket modifications and this beast is AWD in a car that has the potential to house 325-width tires on the back and 305-width tires on the front. You take this or a 425hp R/T or a 550hp Charger Super Bee and offer them with Super Drag pack options, Active suspension options or even performance active air ride suspension systems, big brembos, Jailbreak options, Direct connection upgrades and that kinds of stuff and you can see that nothing is really lost. You add a hot 370hp/395tq 2.4L Turbo Hurricane 4 with a bit of that good old fashioned SRT4 attitude as a Charger GT entry level performance coupe with all of those options listed above and The Charger will have one heck of a line up. Not to mention anything else on the STLA Large and STLA Frame platform. While that 2.4L Turbo Hurricane-4 Idea might not do good in a Ram 1500 pickup, it would be amazing in a Dakota pickup. Take that and add that same hybrid ZF hybrid 8-speed behind it and you're definitely looking at a pickup that will out perform the Ranger Raptor and could even spawn a street performance pickup 370hp and 395lb-ft of torque with that hybrid setup listed above can produce a total system HP of 585hp and 727hp. While that could more than spawn the rebirth of the SRT4, those numbers eclipse the SRT10 Ram 1500 pickup in a smaller, lighter, AWD package that should be more than EPA compliant. There are endless possibilities of what can be done with these new powertrains. Dodge could really change the game with what it has going on here and it's all still right in line with having a more electrified portfolio and also keeping ICE engines around for years to come.

ipa0628

Reaction score
I wrote an article about it a very long time ago.

InShot_20180903_212318455-1.jpg

I remember that picture. Here is another one I had from back then. There is no reason Ram can't offer a 'crosshair' package, maybe on the Big Horn. It sure looks better than those big billboard sized letters on the front.
They also should have put the hood badges in the scrap pile. They are so tacky.

Attachments

• 2019 ram crosshairs.jpg
    2019 ram crosshairs.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 2

ScramFan

Reaction score
I remember that picture. Here is another one I had from back then. There is no reason Ram can't offer a 'crosshair' package, maybe on the Big Horn. It sure looks better than those big billboard sized letters on the front.
They also should have put the hood badges in the scrap pile. They are so tacky.

I believe the hood badges were done as a response to customers who asked for cleaner door panels to put their own company logos/info there.

Users who are viewing this thread