It’s been 35 years since Fiat Chrysler Automobiles also known as FCA (then Chrysler Corporation) launched the very first minivan, a vehicle which revolutionized family transportation. Carrying the Dodge Caravan and Plymouth Voyager nameplates, the minivan was a sales success and the company expanded its lineup in the late-1980s with the introduction of the luxury-variant Chrysler Town & Country. Since it’s introduction, 14.6 million minivans sold globally since late-1983. Over three decades later, the minivan still plays an important role in the FCA portfolio.
The MoparInsiders.com staff was in attendance back in February, when the Chrysler brand unveiled the 35th Anniversary of the Chrysler Pacifica at the Chicago Auto Show. At the time, Chrysler was closed-lipped about the cost of their new special edition minivan. The Dodge brand, on the other hand, didn’t show off their version to the public (since it goes against their performance brand marketing), even though the minivan continues to be the #1 selling nameplate for the brand.
Now FCA is ready to release the details of the 35th Anniversary minivans. Past Anniversary editions have been popular packages for the brands. So let’s take a look at the two different minivans and show you what exactly, each variant of the 35th Anniversary Package entails…
2019 Chrysler Pacifica / Pacifica Hybrid 35th Anniversary Edition:
Available on both the gas and hybrid versions of the Chrysler Pacifica L, the Touring L Plus, and both gas and hybrid versions of the Limited models, the 35th Anniversary Edition Package features Liquid Chrome Chrysler “Wing” badges with Gloss Black inserts and unique 35th Anniversary badge on the liftgate.
35th Anniversary Editions include an all-black interior that features Cranberry Wine accent stitching on McKinley and Nappa leather perforated seats, steering wheel, door trim, bezels on the instrument panel (IP) and door handles and a 35th Anniversary embroidered logo on the front floor mats.
35th Anniversary Pacifica models feature:
- Touring L: Eight-passenger seating, Mopar overhead DVD, 18-inch wheels – a U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $2,015 ($370 discount)
- Touring L Plus: Eight-passenger seating and dual-pane sunroof – U.S. MSRP of $1,420 ($370 discount)
- Limited: 20-inch wheels – U.S. MSRP of $695 ($300 discount)
35th Anniversary Pacifica Hybrid models feature:
- Hybrid Touring L: Premium Audio Group with 13 Alpine speakers, Uconnect 4C Nav with 8.4-inch display, 17-inch wheels – U.S. MSRP of $1,390 ($795 discount / free-wheel upgrade)
- Hybrid Limited: 18-inch wheels – U.S. MSRP of $695 ($200 discount / discounted 18-inch wheels)
The S Appearance package can be added to any 35th Anniversary Edition Pacifica or Pacifica Hybrid for an even sportier, blacked-out, customized exterior.
The 2019 Chrysler Pacifica is available in 10 exterior colors: Billet Silver Metallic, Brilliant Black, Bright White, Dark Cordovan, Granite Crystal Metallic, Jazz Blue, Luxury White, Maximum Steel, Ocean Blue Metallic and Velvet Red.
2019 Dodge Grand Caravan 35th Anniversary Edition:
The 35th Anniversary Edition package is available on Grand Caravan SE and SXT models, the 35th Anniversary Edition includes 17-inch tech silver aluminum wheels, 35th Anniversary fender badge, and a bright grille.
The Grand Caravan 35th Anniversary Edition package includes an all-black interior featuring Cranberry Wine accent stitching on the seats and door trim, a Piano Black console and IP accent, and a 35th Anniversary embroidered logo on the front floor mats.
35th Anniversary Grand Caravan models feature:
- SE: Stow ‘N Go second-row bucket seats, power driver’s seat – U.S. MSRP of $2,800 ($1,755 discount)
- SXT: Navigation radio, Driver Convenience Group, which features heated front seats, heated steering wheel, second-row window shades – U.S. MSRP of $1,595 ($395 discount)
The 2019 Dodge Grand Caravan is available in six exterior colors: Billet Silver Metallic, Black Onyx, Granite Crystal, IndiGo Blue, Octane Red, and White Knuckle.