The new supercharged 2021 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat was one of the highest-anticipated vehicles for the Dodge brand in recent years. The Durango SRT Hellcat is limited to a 1-year production run (due to government regulations on the vehicle’s current architecture), instantly making the performance SUV a future collectible.
The 2021 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat, currently holds the title as the most powerful SUV ever delivering 710 horsepower and 645 lb.-ft. of torque from the proven supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI® Hellcat V8 engine.
With an original production run of just 2,000 units, Dodge//SRT expanded the production due to demand adding an additional 1,000 units to the mix. With numbers making it rarer than the drag racing-oriented 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon, the Durango is drawing huge upcharges.
Those upcharges continue to grow as a number of the Durango SRT Hellcat continue to be destroyed at an alarming rate. In May, we saw two of the limited edition models stolen from a Stellantis holding lot in Toledo, Ohio leaving one damaged after hitting a fire hydrant. Several of the 710 horsepower SUVs have also shown up on the popular online auction site, Copart.
The latest victim has one 2,583 miles on the odometer. While it looks like the Hellcat powertrain remains mostly untouched, there is a lot of damage to the driver’s side and front of the vehicle. Currently located in Philadephia, we pulled the window sticker to see what actual options are on the vehicle…
- Technology Group – $2,395
- Advanced Brake–Assist
- Lane–Departure Warning Plus
- Full-Speed Forward–Collision Warning Plus
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop
- Rear DVD Entertainment Center – $1,995
- Blu–Ray™ Compatible Dual Screen Video
- Rear Seat Video System
- Black Package – $1,845
- Eclipse Black Exhaust Tip
- 20–Inch X 10–Inch Lights–Out Aluminum Wheels
- Gloss–Black Exterior Mirrors
- Gray Metallic Badges
- Premium Interior Group – $2,495
- Suede Headliner
- Premium Instrument Panel
- Forged Carbon Fiber Interior Accents
- Red Seat Belts – $95
- 2nd Row Console with Armrest and Storage – $595
- Illuminated Rear Cupholders
- 12–Volt Auxillary Power Outlet in Console
- 1–USB Charging Port in Console
- Power Sunroof – $1,295
- Redline Red / Black Dual Stripes by Mopar® – $1,295
- 19 Harman Kardon® Amped Speakers with Subwoofer – $1,085
- 825–Watt Amplifier
- Compact Spare Tire – $395
- 20–Inch x 6.5–Inch Aluminum Spare Wheel
- Blind–Spot and Cross–Path Detection – $495
The Durango had a value of $98,070 USD after destination when it left the dealership.
According to Dodge//SRT the Hellcat engine, combined with the 8HP95 8-speed automatic, and all-wheel-drive can propel the 5,710 lb. three-row SUV to a 0 to 60 miles per hour (mph) run in 3.5 seconds, a quarter-mile pass in 11.5 seconds as certified by the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA), and hit a top speed of 180 mph.
To see more pictures or to bid on the auction, visit Copart.com.