Last week, we talked about a new variant for the Fiat 500X that made its debut in Europe dubbed the 500X Sport. The Sport model added a much more aggressive look to the handsome 500X crossover, while the Euro-spec Sport added shockingly good performance results compared to the rest of the lineup that is currently offered. With the recent announcement of the cancelation of the Fiat 500 and 500 Abarth city cars for North America, it was looking like the Fiat 124 Spider Abarth would be the only performance-oriented vehicle in the lineup for the 2020 model year, until now.
FIAT USA will be releasing its own North American-spec version of the new 2020 Fiat 500X Sport this fall. The North American version will be a bit different, offering standard all-wheel-drive (AWD), a standard 1.3-liter turbocharged four-cylinder (which is the top engine in the European model), as well as standard 9-speed automatic transmission. But what makes the North American-spec Fiat 500X Sport different than the rest of the lineup?
The North American version has a Manufacturers Suggest Retail Price (M.S.R.P.) of $26,895 USD and will come with the following standard equipment…
- Sport Front & Rear Fascias
- Sport Body Side Moldings
- Body Color Wheel Arch Moldings
- Dark Accent Color Door Handles, Mirrors, Light Bar & Lighting Bezels
- Dual Outlet Chrome Exhaust Tips
- 18-Inch Silver Aluminum Wheels
- Sport Cloth Seats
- Dark Interior Headliner & Pillars
- Unique Interior Bezel Finish
- Sport Floor Mats
- Unique I/P Finish
- Wrapped Shift Knob with Sport Stitching
- Pedal & Footrest Covers
- Unique Cluster Graphics
- Leather / Alcantara Steering Wheel with Paddle Shifters
- Alcantara Cluster Brow
For those who are looking for more out of their 500X Sport, there is a range of options available to make your 500X Sport just perfect for you.
- Premium Group – $1,695 USD (all prices are in USD)
- Driver Assist Group – $895
- Advanced Driver Assist Group – $1,395
- Comfort Group – $795
- Navigation – $695
- Cold Weather Group – $295
- 19-Inch Mach Aluminum Wheels – $495
- Black Accent Roof – $445
- Engine Block Heater – $100
- Compact Spare Tire – $295
- Leather Seats – $995
The Fiat 500X Sport is currently available for ordering at your local FIAT Studio or a select Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Fiat dealer. The vehicles should be showing up on dealer lots in fourth-quarter of this year.