The Dodge Durango R/T performance SUV returns for 2020, with minor changes for the new model year. Durango R/T still offers the most muscle for the dollar in the segment with its iconic 5.7-liter HEMI V8 and TorqueFlite 8-speed automatic transmission.
The combination is good for 360 horsepower and 390 lb.-ft of torque with a best-in-class tow rating of 7,400 pounds. The 5.7-liter offers Fuel Saver Technology with cylinder deactivation seamlessly alternates between smooth, high-fuel-economy four-cylinder model and V8 mode when more power is demanded.
Durango R/T standard equipment includes a performance steering and suspension, performance front fascia with LED fog lamps, high-intensity discharge (HID) headlamps with automatic high-beam headlamps and 8.4-inch Uconnect 4C touchscreen infotainment system, navigation, Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto. With available seven-passenger seating and second-row captain’s chairs, the seats in the 2020 Dodge Durango can be configured in 50 different ways.
Last year, the Durango R/T got available Sepia leather seats and an optional 19-speaker Harman Kardon audio system. This year, the Durango R/T gets new HEMI fender badges in a Satin Chrome finish. Durango R/T Blacktop & Brass Monkey packages receive black HEMI fender badges. Blacktop models also get a new wheel design, finished in gloss black. The R/T gets a new Premium Interior Option, which features a hand-wrapped instrument panel with tungsten accent stitch and dinamica suede headliner.
With a base, MSRP of the Durango R/T is $43,995 on RWD models ($2,600 premium for AWD models).
- 5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT ENGINE (EZH) w/ 8-SPD AUTO 8HP70 TRANSMISSION (BUY) (DFD) – Standard
Packages & Groups:
- Technology Package (ADG) – Adaptive Cruise Control w/ Stop (NH3), Advanced Brake Assist (BGG), Full Speed Forward Collision w/ Warn Plus (LSU) and Lane Departure Warning-Plus (LAS).
- Cargo Plus Group (AZ2) – Black Roof Rails (MWE), Integrated Roof Rail Crossbars (MXQ), and Cargo Compartment Cover (CSC).
- Blacktop Package (ADX) – 20X8 High Gloss Black Aluminum Wheels (WHB), Gloss Black Badges (MGF), and Gloss Black Exterior Mirrors (LE7).
- Trailer Tow Group IV (AHX) – 7 & 4 Pin Wiring Harness (XF2), Class IV Receiver Hitch (XFH), Full Size Spare Tire (TBB), Heavy Duty Engine Cooling (NMC), Rear Load Leaving Suspension (SES), Steel Spare Wheel (WLB) and Trailer Brake Control (XHC).
- Safety/Security & Convenience Group (AWC) – Auto High Beam Headlamp Control (LMS), Cargo Compartment Cover (CSC), Low Beam HID Headlamps (LM4), Power Tilt/Telescope Steering Column (SUB) and Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers (JHC).
- Brass Monkey Appearance Package (AXM) – 20X8 Brass Monkey Bronze Wheels (WDE) and Gloss Black Badges (MGF)
- 2nd Row Console w/ Armrest & Storage (CVR) – 12V AUX Power Outlet In Console (JJJ), 1 USB Charging Port In Console (RS3), Floor Mat, 3rd Row Full Console (CCE) and Illuminated Rear Cupholders (CXB).
- 2nd Row Fold/Tumble Captains Chairs (CFU) – 2nd Row Mini Console w/ Cupholders (CUM), 2nd Row Seat Mounted Inboard Armrest (CSL), 6-Passenger Seating (CYM) and Floor Mat, 3rd Row and Mini Console (CCF).
- Premium Interior Option (AZF) – Hand-Wrapped IP with Tungsten accent stitch and Dinamica Suede Headliner.
- 19 Harman Kardon Amped Speakers w/ Subwoofer (RCA) – $995
- 265/50R20 Performance A/S Tires (TKY) – $395
- 2nd Row Console w/ Armrest & Storage (CVR) – $595
- 2nd Row Fold/Tumble Captain Chairs (CFU) – $1,095
- Blacktop Package (ADX) – $1,095 (N/A w/ AXM)
- Blind Spot & Cross Path Detection (XAN) – $395
- Brass Monkey Appearance Package (AXM) – $1,095 (N/A w/ ADX)
- Cargo Plus Group (AZ2) – $595 (N/A on Fleet Models)
- Engine Block Heater (NHK) – $95
- Power Sunroof (GWA) – $1,295
- Premium Wrapped I/P Bezel (JEK) – $995
- Real Carbon Fiber Interior Accents (XSQ) – $995
- Rear DVD Entertainment Center (AEK) – $1,995 (N/A w/ RH1)
- Premium Interior Group (AZF) – $1,495
- Single Disc Remote CD Player (RH1) – $495 (N/A w/ AEK)
- Technology Group (ADG) – $2,395
- Trailer Tow Group IV (AHX) – $1,195
- Mopar Dual Stripes – Bright Blue (M2N) – $1,195 (N/A w/ AXM)
- Mopar Dual Stripes – Flame Red (M22) – $1,195 (N/A w/ AXM)
- Mopar Dual Stripes – Gunmetal Low Gloss (M2S) – $1,195 (N/A w/ AXM)
- Mopar Dual Stripes – Gloss Black (M2R) – $1,195 (N/A w/ AXM)
- Mopar Dual Stripes – Sterling Silver (M2Q) – $1,195 (N/A w/ AXM)
- Black Roof Rails (MWE) – $395 (Fleet Only)
Seats & Trim:
- Leather Suede Bucket Seats – Black (ZLX9) – N/C
- Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats – Black (MLX9) – $695
- Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats – Black/Red (MLXR) – $695
- Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats – Black/Sepia (MLVX) – $695
- Billet Clear Coat (PSC) – N/C
- DB Black Clear Coat (PXJ) – N/C
- Granite Clear Coat (PAU) – N/C
- Octane Red Pearl Coat (PRV) – N/C
- Redline 2 Pearl Coat (PRM) – N/C
- Vice White (PWD) – $595
- White Knuckle Clear Coat (PW7) – N/C
- F8 Green (PFQ) – N/C
- Reactor Blue (PBF) – N/C
- Destroyer Gray (PDN) – N/C
- In-Violet (PHR) – N/C