For the 2019 model year, Dodge has rolled out a rear-wheel drive (RWD) version of it’s performance based all-wheel drive (AWD) trim.
Available on GT RWD models for 2019 is the Performance Handling Group, which brings enhanced braking and handling capabilities. On GT RWD, the Performance Handling Group features four-piston Brembo brakes (front and rear), wider 20 x 9-inch Black Noise wheels and a larger rear sway bar for improved driving experience and reduced understeer.
The GT RWD has been positioned to be optioned almost identical to the 5.7-liter HEMI V8 powered R/T model. However, the GT RWD is powered by the 305-horsepower 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 and 8-speed automatic. Lets look at breakdown of this new performance package…
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT ENGINE (ERB) w/ 8-SPD AUTO 850RE TRANSMISSION (MAKE) (DFT) – Standard
- 20″X8.0″ Aluminum Wheels (WSN) (Not Available on ADX or AGB) – $395
- 20″X9.0″ Forged/Painted Aluminum Wheels (WRT) (Not Available on ADX) – $1,095
- 245/45ZR20 BSW Performance Tires (TVH) – $95
- Alpine Audio Group w/ Subwoofer (ATL) – $895
- Blacktop Package (ADX) – $695
- Body Side Stripes (M28) – $395
- Brake Calipers – Red (XSP) – $195
- Cold Weather Group (ADE) – $495
- Compact Spare Tire (TBC) (Not Available w/ AMA) – $295
- Driver Convenience Group (AJV) – $1,095
- Engine Block Heater (NHK) (Included w/ Alaska Cars) – $95
- Harman Kardon Audio Group w/ Subwoofer (AMA) – $1,595
- Performance Handling Group (AGB) – $1,495
- Plus Package (AAY) – $3,000
- Power Sunroof (GWA) – $1,195
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio (RSD) (Not Available w/ Options UAQ, UDQ, UJQ, UAS) – $195
- Technology Group (ADG) – $1,295
- UConnect 4C NAV w/ 8.4-inch Display (UAQ) – $1,095 (or $795 with AAY)
- Mopar Interior Appearance Group (ACX) – $475
- 3.07 Rear Axle Ratio – Standard
- Plus Package (AAY) – 1-Year Of SiriusXM Radio Service (X9B), 276 Watt Amplifier (RD7), 4G LTE WI-FI Hot Spot (RTQ), 6-Premium Speakers (RCJ), 8.4-inch Touchscreen Display (RFL), Bright Pedals (XAR), Dodge Performance Packages (JAZ), Door Trim Panel w/ Ambient Lighting (CBR), HD Radio (RE8), Heated Front Seats (JPM), Heated Steering Wheel (NHS), Nappa/Ancantara Performance Seats (*SL), Ventilated Front Seats (CAJ), Power Tilt/Telescope Steering Column (SUB) and Universal Garage Door Opener (XGD).
- Cold Weather Group (ADE) – 180 AMP Alternator (BAD), Heated Front Seats (JPM) and Heated Steering Wheel (NHS).
- Technology Group (ADG) – Adaptive Speed Control (NHP), Auto High Beam Headlamp Controls (LMS), Forward Collision Warning (LSS), and Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers (JHC)
- Blacktop Package (ADX) – 20″ X 8.0″ Black Noise Paint Wheels (WRE), Black Fuel Filler Door (XJD), Black Grille Bezel (MFF), Gloss Black I/P Cluster Trim Rings (JA9), Grille Badge – Challenger Blacktop (MSB) and Rear Black Spoiler (MXP)
- Performance Handling Group (AGB) – 20″ X 9.0″ Black Noise Wheels (WRW), 245/45ZR20 AS Performance Tires (TR9), Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc Performance Brakes (BR4), Black Calipers (XS9), Dodge Performance Pages (JAZ), High Performance Suspension (SDX), Performance Steering (XBQ) and Steering Wheel Mounted Shift Control (XBQ).
- Driver Convenience Group (AJV) – Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection (XAN), High Intensity Discharge Headlamps (LMP) and Power Multi-Function Foldaway Mirrors (GU4).
Interior Color/Seat Trims:
- Houndstooth Cloth Performance Seat – Black (H7X9) – N/C
- Nappa/Alcantara Performance Seat – Black (SLX9) – N/C with AAY
- Nappa/Alcantara Performance Seat – Black/Ruby Red (SLXC) – N/C with AAY
- B5 Blue Pearl Coat (PQD) (Not Available With Black/Ruby Red Interior) – $69
- Destroyer Grey Clear Coat (PDN) – N/C
- F8 Green (PFQ) (Not Available With Black/Ruby Red Interior) – N/C
- Go ManGo (PVP) (Not Available With Black/Ruby Red Interior) – N/C
- Granite Pearl Coat (PAU) – N/C
- IndiGo Blue (PBM) – N/C
- Maximum Steel Metallic Clear Coat (PAR) – N/C
- Octane Red Pearl Coat (PRV) – N/C
- Pitch Black Clear Coat (PX8) (Not Available With Black/Ruby Red Interior) – N/C
- Plum Crazy Pearl Coat (PHG) (Not Available With Black/Ruby Red Interior) – $70
- TorRed Clear Coat (PR3) – N/C
- White Knuckle Clear Coat (PW7) – N/C
- Yellow Jacket Clear Coat (PY4) (Not Available With Black/Ruby Red Interior) – N/C
Dodge dealers are currently taking orders for the 2019 Dodge Challenger GT RWD. Pricing for the 2019 Dodge Challenger GT RWD starts at a US MSRP of $29,995. The vehicle should be showing up in showrooms in the third-quarter of 2018.