Although the Jeep® Cherokee (KL) continues to struggle thanks to the semiconductor shortage and a diminished global presence that have been overshadowed by the brand’s own Compass offering, Jeep continues to tweak the Cherokee’s lineup going into the 2022 model year.
The biggest news for the lineup is the introduction of an all-new 2022 Jeep Cherokee X model. The Cherokee X builds upon the brand’s off-road heritage to offer a new unique and budget-friendly package, that will appeal to many younger buyers out there.
The 2022 Jeep Cherokee X includes the following features…
- 3.2-liter Pentastar V6 engine with Engine Stop/Start (ESS) technology
- 9-Speed 948TE Automatic Transmission
- “Cherokee X” Exterior Door Decals
- “4 Wheel-Drive” Heritage Decal on Hatch
- 17-Inch x 7.5-Inch Black Painted Aluminum Wheels
- Firestone Destination P245/65R17 OWL All-Terrain Tires
- Gloss Black Exterior Accents
- Mirror Caps
- Grille Rings
- Jeep Badges
- Foglamp Bezel
- Black Vinyl/Cloth Seats with Unique Inserts
- Liquid-Titanium Door Trim Appliques
- 8.4-Inch Uconnect® 4 Touchscreen Infotainment System
Powered by the 3.2-liter Pentastar V6 engine delivers an impressive powerband. It features dual overhead camshafts, high-flow intake and exhaust ports, Variable Valve Timing (VVT), and Electronic Throttle Control as well as ESS technology. When the vehicle breaks to a stop, fuel flow is cut and the engine shuts off. When the brake pedal is released, the engine automatically restarts and the 9-speed automatic transmission is engaged.
The Pentastar produces 271 horsepower and 239 lb.-ft. of torque, and delivers 19 MPG City/ 22 MPG Combined / 27 MPG Highway on regular unleaded (87-octane) fuel. No need for premium fuel here.
When it comes to options for the Cherokee X, there aren’t many. You can opt for…
- Compact Spare Tire –
- Sun & Sound Group –
- Premium Alpine® Speaker System
- Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof
- Trailer-Tow Group –
- 3.517 Final Drive Ratio
- 7-Pin and 4-Pin Wiring Harness
- Class III Receiver
- Full-Size Spare Tire
- Heavy-Duty Engine Cooling
- Trailer-Tow Wiring Harness
Canadian models offer a few more options…
There are 8 exterior colors available on Cherokee X models. Those colors include…
- Billet Silver
- Bright White
- Diamond Black Crystal
- Granite Crystal
- Hydro Blue
- Slate Blue
- Velvet Red
The 2022 Jeep Cherokee X has a U.S. Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $33,995 (not including a $1,595 destination charge or any other fees). For the Canadian market, the Cherokee X will have a starting MSRP of $40,075 (not including $2,095 for destination).
The all-new Cherokee X is now reaching dealers in both the United States and Canada. This particular model is located at Stinnett Chevrolet Buick Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM in Newport, Tennessee with a sticker price of $36,885 (and being sold as $39,875).
For additional information or ordering availability, you can contact your local Jeep dealer.