MotorTrend Presents Roadkill Nights Powered by Dodge is back with a bang, and the 2023 edition promises to be a thrill-packed event for automotive enthusiasts. Set in the heart of downtown Pontiac, Michigan, this highly anticipated horsepower festival brings together drag racing, exhilarating competitions, and a vibrant display of classic and modern muscle cars. With a fresh format for the Direct Connection Grudge Race and an array of exciting attractions, the event is set to ignite the passion of gearheads from far and wide.
Direct Connection Grudge Race –
The Direct Connection Grudge Race, a highlight of MotorTrend Presents Roadkill Nights, has taken on a new twist in 2023. Competitors now work in pairs to build their ultimate Dodge or Plymouth drag machines using Direct Connection performance parts, including the legendary Hellcrate Redeye 6.2L Supercharged Crate HEMI engine. Each team consists of an experienced drag racer, known as “The Mentor,” and a rookie online builder/racer, aptly named “The Rookie.” The Mentor imparts their wisdom and expertise to their novice counterpart, guiding them through the process of building, tuning, and testing their creation before the ultimate showdown on the renowned Woodward Avenue drag strip.
The Teams –
This year, six teams of automotive personalities will battle it out for glory:
- Team Sick-Bastards: Tom Bailey, an experienced racer and founder of Sick The Mag, instructs his employee EJ Naegeli as she takes her first-ever drag strip run.
- Team Corruptt: Returning Grudge Race competitor Tony Arme (Corruptt Builds) assists adrenaline-loving rookie Kayla Rundle as she strives for victory.
- Team Dahminators: Automotive builder Rob Dahmn works alongside his girlfriend and Dodge enthusiast, Erica Schrull, as she gears up for the competition.
- Team Truck Yeah: Performance garage owner Justin Keith coaches truck aficionado Lacey Blair, who unveils her RoadKill Nights first-ever build.
- Team Soul Snatcher: Grudge Race veteran Herman Young (Demonology) shares his race wisdom with Lee Carter from ScrapLife Garage.
- Team Throtl: Two-time Grudge Race competitor Rickie Fernandez steps aside to mentor fellow Throtl member Quinn Clark.
The Venue and Attractions –
MotorTrend Presents Roadkill Nights Powered by Dodge has shifted to a new location at the intersection of Woodward Avenue and W. Pike St. in downtown Pontiac. The event’s expanded footprint offers a range of attractions for attendees, including street-legal drag racing in Big Tire and Small Tire classes, a classic and modern muscle car cruise-in, exhilarating Dodge Hellcat Thrill Rides, the all-new Dodge Hornet drive experience, and adrenaline-pumping Dodge Demon drag race simulators. Additionally, attendees can explore Dodge vehicle displays, witness RC car demonstrations, browse the vendor midway, and enjoy entertainment, food trucks, and beer gardens. The event also features celebrity appearances, adding an extra layer of excitement.
Partners and Support –
To make the Direct Connection Grudge Race even more thrilling, several product sponsors have joined forces with Dodge. Mickey Thompson Tires, Garrett, Aeromotive Inc., Callies Performance Products, and Stanadyne are providing additional parts support to the competitors. Moreover, all participants are linked with a Dodge Power Brokers dealer to assist with their build projects, ensuring they have the necessary resources to create formidable drag machines.
Scheduled to take place during the annual MotorTrend Presents Roadkill Nights Powered by Dodge horsepower festival on Saturday, August 12th, 2023, in downtown Pontiac, Michigan. Tickets for MotorTrend Presents Roadkill Nights Powered by Dodge, now in its eighth year, are also now available for purchase at MotorTrend.com.