The newly repackaged 2021 Dodge Durango Citadel, is the all-in luxury trim within the 2021 Dodge Durango lineup and delivers many premium features as standard equipment, offering two powertrain options, both of which include standard towing equipment.
The award-winning 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 delivers 295 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque with Engine Start Stop (ESS) as standard power. The Pentastar is mated to an 8-speed automatic 850RE transmission and provides a tow rating of 6,200 lbs. for both the rear and all-wheel-drive (AWD) configurations. The legendary 5.7-liter HEMI V8 engine produces a best-in-class 360 horsepower and 390 lb.-ft. of torque paired with an 8-speed automatic 8HP70 transmission. The HEMI models are capable of towing 7,400 lbs. for rear-wheel-drive or 7,200 lbs. with the AWD.
Speaking of towing, the Durango Citadel comes standard with the Trailer-Tow Group IV and offers an integrated trailer brake switch, heavy-duty engine oil cooler, Class IV hitch receiver, rear load-leveling shocks, and a full-size spare tire with the Class IV trailer receiver, and integrated brake controller.
The 2021 Dodge Durango Citadel features high-end, unique cues and accents, and the following equipment…
- 20-inch x 8-inch Satin Carbon Wheels
- LED Low/High Headlamps
- LED Aux Low Beam
- LED Amber Turn Signal
- LED Fog Lamps
- LED Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL) with New Spoiler
- Platinum Chrome Door Handles
- Platinum Chrome Mirror Caps
- Challenger-Influenced Driver Centric Cockpit
- Integrated Center Stack
- Type-A & Type-C USB Ports
- 7-inch Performance Cluster & Gauges
- Uconnect 5 10.1-inch Touchscreen Navigation Radio
- Wireless Charging Pad
- Nappa Leather with “Rhombi” Embroidery
- Ventilated Front Seats
- Wrapped Instrument Panel with Accent Stitch
- Dinamica Suede Headliner
- Liquid Titanium Painted Speaker Trims
- 2nd Row Console
- Forward Collision Warning-Plus
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Advanced Brake Assist
- Lane Departure Warning-Plus
- Blind Spot/Cross Path Monitor
- Class IV Trailer Receiver
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
- Power Sunroof
- Premium Entertainment Group – $2,995
Inside, the Citadel’s three rows of standard captain’s chairs have room for six people and feature heated and ventilated Nappa leather driver and passenger seats with embossed ‘Dodge Rhombi stripes,’ //, and heated second-row captain’s chairs, and a suede headliner.
The largest-in-class 10.1-inch touchscreen with Uconnect 5 comes standard with TomTom navigation, SiriusXM Radio, wireless Apple CarPlay, and wireless Android Auto and with the current Uconnect skill for Alexa, customers with Alexa-enabled devices at home can easily ask Alexa to start the car, lock/unlock doors and more.
The 2021 Dodge Durango Citadel has a starting U.S. Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $47,805 for rear-wheel-drive models or $50,405 for AWD. Both prices exclude a $1,495 destination charge. The 2021 Dodge Durango will be built at the 3 million-square-foot Jefferson North Assembly Plant (JNAP) in Detroit. Initial deliveries to Dodge//SRT dealerships are scheduled to begin later this year.