The most award-winning minivan on the market continues to rack up more awards as PARENTS magazine has named the 2021 Chrysler Pacifica as one of its 2021 ‘Best Family Cars’ award winners. The magazine recognizes vehicles that are both safe for families, as well as fun to ride in. PARENTS, the leading source for busy, millennial moms has now pushed Pacifica’s accolades to over 145 honors in the past five years.
The PARENTS ‘Best Family Cars’ awards recognize a selection of new-model vehicles with high-tech performance, safety, and convenience features across multiple categories to fit a family’s specific needs. PARENTS experts thoroughly tested more than 50 vehicles from a field of new-model vehicles that aced the industry’s safety tests.
The updated 2021 Chrysler Pacifica features a number of family-friendly features that include…
- The new FamCAM™ interior camera, accessible through the Uconnect infotainment system, provides a view of rear-facing child seat occupants, split-view display, and unique “zoom-to-seat” feature
- The Uconnect Theater rear-seat entertainment system with two 10.1-inch seatback touchscreens adds additional games, such as Concentration, chess, Simon Clone (late availability), and backgammon (late availability), to keep both adult and child passengers entertained. The new offerings join nine existing games, including Are We There Yet? and the License Plate Game, to provide the most built-in games in the industry, without the need of Wi-Fi or a subscription.
- Delivering the largest standard touchscreen in its class, the 10.1-inch Uconnect touchscreen is nearly 20% larger than the screen it replaces and enables processing speeds up to 5x faster than the previous generation.
- New segment-first USB Type C ports charge devices up to 4x faster than standard USB outlets, keeping all family members connected while on the go.
- Class-exclusive Stow ‘n Go second-row in-floor storage bins allow for additional space for storing toys, schoolbooks, groceries, as well as storing the second-row seats to allow for a completely flat load floor.
- The seamless, fully automatic available all-wheel-drive (AWD) system is the only vehicle in the segment capable of transferring all available engine torque to the rear wheels, or whichever wheels have more available traction.
- The available Stow ‘n Vac integrated vacuum powered by RIDGID provides easy access to all corners of the vehicle.
As the first company to introduce the minivan and through six generations of the vehicle, 116 minivan firsts have been produced, including nearly 40 minivan-first features on the Pacifica. The company has sold more than 15 million minivans globally since 1983, twice as many as any other manufacturer over 37 years.