What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your budget is $70,000. Which one are you picking?

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
Insanity.

kiMC0Ke.jpeg

05QpVe4.jpeg

Ontario

Is Dodge really this out of touch now??

Its sad to have to witness Chrysler tied up into another terrible "merger" again. Daimler took their money and put out Wish level products, this is just pillaging @ 10X prices (I compare the hornet to the caliber) - and the product aint much better. This merger isnt going to last and IF they get a chance to survive (another bail out) I hope its dependent on being a solo Chrysler again because we all know they can make plenty of money in the NA market with proper leadership.

I dont think they'll be given a 3rd chance though, even though its no fault of their own

I'm calling BS on this one. The build and price on the Dodge website doesn't let a Hornet get that expensive. I did get over 50 Grand which is nothing to cheer about, but nowhere close to 70K. When the monthly sales reports roll in and the Hornet anchors the list, the average transaction price shows up and that is in the low 40s. Which is still pricey, but compare a Ford Escape hybrid against that.

If I have 40K for a small crossover I'm headed to a Lexus dealer. If I have 70K in my budget there is all sorts of stuff popping up on my radar screen, but not a compact crossover.

Oh wait, that's Canadian money.

Where was this
Take your pick:

...plus many more

Last edited:
I'm calling BS on this one. The build and price on the Dodge website doesn't let a Hornet get that expensive. I did get over 50 Grand which is nothing to cheer about, but nowhere close to 70K. When the monthly sales reports roll in and the Hornet anchors the list, the average transaction price shows up and that is in the low 40s. Which is still pricey, but compare a Ford Escape hybrid against that.

If I have 40K for a small crossover I'm headed to a Lexus dealer. If I have 70K in my budget there is all sorts of stuff popping up on my radar screen, but not a compact crossover.

Oh wait, that's Canadian money.

Yes, it's Canada.

1716747849151.png

The $5k discount is a government incentive

The price should be $50k tops. Not $70k

Last edited:
35K tops, doesn't even matter that its Canada. The thing is an econo box

Well since this is the Canadian market, the Hornet can soon be replaced by a model with Leapmotor origins.

Back