What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why the Ram Rampage Is the Perfect Fit for North America

Why the Ram Rampage Is the Perfect Fit for North America​

A Compact Pickup With Big Potential In The North American Market...

1725658511033.png

As interest rates remain high and pickup truck prices continue to rise, Stellantis faces challenges selling full-size pickups like the Ram 1500 in North America. While brands like Ford, GMC, and Chevrolet offer smaller trucks, Ram’s lineup in the U.S. and Canada still lacks a compact or midsize option. However, south of the border in Mexico and across Latin America, Ram has continued to offer models like the Chinese-produced Ram 1200 midsize pickup and the subcompact Ram 700 based on the Fiat Strada. Most notably, the compact Ram Rampage has become a popular choice, and it could be the perfect time to introduce it to the North American market.

IF this thing passes muster for our crash standards, the delay is just truly inexplicable. Engineering - done, tooling -done, market demand - apparently there . What are we missing here?

Let’s face it, the reasoning would make bringing this Ram to North America, as stated repeatedly by observers, a no brained. The fact that it has been accomplished by Brazil, now that is an embarrassment that the big shots can not endure. Call it face saving, again.
Sure I know the regulatory issues, the import issues and the need for using other engines and such, but let’s face it, I repeat, the case for hast and low cost imperatives is too logical to ignore. The plan to use the STLA medium platform makes sense, but it can be the replacement for the next generation Rampage when ready. In the meantime Ram can fine tune the product while development, moving currently at a glacial pace, proceeds.
I’d like to hear a rational, straight forward honest answer from the Ram brain trust as to this popular argument.
Additionally, as a Stellantis stockholder, I want and deserve an answer. I’m waiting.

Back