Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the sentiment on the Leapmotor arrangement and how does it change the strategy/plan

cgseller

Reaction score
With Stellantis doing a Joint Venture with Leapmotor how does that change the strategy for EVs in N.A.? Will this be a pipeline for Chrysler or Dodge? Will it leverage Leap for manufacturing of a Chrysler or other brand vehicle akin to what Build and Chevy are doing (in Korea) ?

-OR-

Is this a strategy regional move to have an EV footprint in APAC to leverage a potential wave of EV adoption in that area and not be caught w/o product in a growing region?

If I'm not mistaken, a lot of the visual cues and parts remind me of N.A. and Euro Stellantis vehicles.

Last edited:

AlexB

Reaction score
Nope, U.S. has tariffs.
Leap motors is for China, Europe, and markets like South America.
In Europe, they may or may not be brand Leap name.

noyunca

Reaction score
With Stellantis doing a Joint Venture geometry dash meltdown with Leapmotor how does that change the strategy for EVs in N.A.? Will this be a pipeline for Chrysler or Dodge? Will it leverage Leap for manufacturing of a Chrysler or other brand vehicle akin to what Build and Chevy are doing (in Korea) ?

-OR-

Is this a strategy regional move to have an EV footprint in APAC to leverage a potential wave of EV adoption in that area and not be caught w/o product in a growing region?

If I'm not mistaken, a lot of the visual cues and parts remind me of N.A. and Euro Stellantis vehicles.
A collaborative venture between Stellantis and Leapmotor may result in the creation of electric cars (EVs) that complement the business plans of certain Stellantis brands, like Chrysler or Dodge. This might include introducing EVs under these names by using Leapmotor's production and technological prowess.

Users who are viewing this thread