Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turin-Born head of Mopar to become COO of Italian unit/"EMEA"

AlexB

Reaction score
Pietro Gorlier according to Bloomberg ( Tommaso Ebhardt) who's sources seem to be around John Elkann.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-to-naming-turin-born-gorlier-as-europe-chief

Fiat Chrysler is nearing the appointment of Pietro Gorlier, chief operating officer of its components business, as the new head of Europe as part of a broad reorganization that may be announced as early as this week, according to people familiar with the matter.

"Gorlier, a native of Turin, Italy, is the leading candidate to replace Alfredo Altavilla, who left the company at the end of August, after Fiat Chrysler Automobilies N.V.’s board picked Jeep head Mike Manley to succeed Sergio Marchionne, said the people, who asked not to be identified before a public announcement. A final decision hasn’t been made and other executives are still being considered, they added. Fiat declined to comment."

Gorlier, 55, oversees components makers Magneti Marelli and Mopar.

Gorlier was one of Marchionne’s closest aides. He joined Fiat in 1989 as a market analyst for its Iveco truck maker and moved to the parent company in 2006. When Fiat agreed to take management control of Chrysler in 2009, Gorlier was one of the few executives who moved from Turin to Detroit. In 2015 he was named head of Marelli and lead its turnaround as Fiat was preparing to spin off the unit.
The Italian manager will face a number of challenges: maintaining profit in the region that typically underperforms others at Fiat Chrysler amid price competition and lower margins; complete the transformation from mass-car production to more profitable Alfa Romeos and Maseratis, and moving from diesel to hybrid and electric cars, including at two engine plants in Italy.

Also a creation of "Merger Head" will be created with position taken by Palmer ,again according to Bloomberg:
Chief Financial Officer Richard Palmer, who also was a contender for the CEO job, has increased his duties by adding merger and acquisition duties.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
That's good. I am sure the Italians are thrilled to have a local boy running the region.

AlexB

Reaction score
That's good. I am sure the Italians are thrilled to have a local boy running the region.
How involve was/is Mopar in the creation of items like Demon/special editions
/SRT?

Last edited:

Freshforged

Reaction score
I’ve read he was an effective leader in merging parts supply across the whole of FCA. Seems like a good pick from the outside, but he’s got quite a chore ahead of him.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score

I think that most Italians would prefer an engineer at the helm.

Blown7

Reaction score
How involve was/is Mopar in the creation of items like Demon/special editions
/SRT?

Its my understanding he helped get the Hellcat engine into a crate engine part number along with aftermarket PCM and wiring kits. All sold thru Mopar aftermarket.

Users who are viewing this thread