What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Legendary 1968 Super Stock HEMI Barracuda ‘Mule’ to Lead Parade at Inaugural Sox & Martin HEMI Challenge

The Legendary 1968 Super Stock HEMI Barracuda ‘Mule’ to Lead Parade at Inaugural Sox & Martin HEMI Challenge​

70th Annual NHRA U.S. Nationals Takes Place Aug. 28-Sept. 2 Featuring Sox & Martin HEMI Challenge...​

1724874257978.png

In a nod to Mopar’s rich racing heritage, the original Chrysler Engineering 1968 Super Stock HEMI® Barracuda development car, affectionately known as the ‘Mule,’ will take center stage at the inaugural Sox & Martin HEMI Challenge. This iconic vehicle will lead the pre-race parade lap during the 70th annual NHRA U.S. Nationals, highlighting its pivotal role in the creation of the legendary 1968 Super Stock Plymouth HEMI Barracuda and Dodge HEMI Dart’ Package Cars.’

Ronnie was the best four speed racer ever. Met him once at Atco in NJ where he showed up at a Mopar event just for the atmosphere. I built my bracket drag race Plymouth Barracuda, using the Mopar performance “Bibles”, and followed the 68 model and cloned my A body just as it appears here. The only difference was small block engine and transmission and 8 3/4 rear. Back to Atco where I was inthe staging lanes and he is eyeballing MY car. I popped out and we talked my car for about five minutes. That was one of my most memorable drag race experience and Ronnie was a nice guy who made my day.

Back