What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Forgotten Scat Pack Performance Packages:

The Forgotten Scat Pack Performance Packages:
Mopar's Scat Pack Performance Packages For The 5.7-liter HEMI...

They should bring these packages to 392 cars.
There is a big gsp in performance between the 392 and Hellcat

For me the lines are really blurred.. my impression was Scat pack was for people that couldn't afford a SRT... a kinda shade-tree mechanic option.. pay as you go..

Not really worth looking at...

Now if Mopar offered some real performance upgrades then it's a whole new story.. up the Hellcat to Demon power package... or a 392 to Hellcat power range... until then just a pretty option in the Mopar performance catalog....

For me the lines are really blurred.. my impression was Scat pack was for people that couldn't afford a SRT... a kinda shade-tree mechanic option.. pay as you go..

Now if Mopar offered some real performance upgrades then it's a whole new story.. up the Hellcat to Demon power package... or a 392 to Hellcat power range... until then just a pretty option in the Mopar performance catalog....
I had the opposite impression, that the Scat Pack was for people who were more interested in performance and the SRT392 was for people who wanted luxury features to go along with it.

Unless you are talking about the Scat Pack stage packages and not the trim level?

I had the opposite impression, that the Scat Pack was for people who were more interested in performance and the SRT392 was for people who wanted luxury features to go along with it.

Unless you are talking about the Scat Pack stage packages and not the trim level?
If i had the cash and wanted to end up modding my car and scat pack would be the way to go. It's the cheapest and cleanest slate you could start with to change however you desire

Hellcat to demon power can be done pretty easily with pulleys and tuning. Mopar would simply offer a similar package as the aftermarket for 3X the price IMO.

If i had the cash and wanted to end up modding my car and scat pack would be the way to go. It's the cheapest and cleanest slate you could start with to change however you desire
Its not any cheaper when removing and replacing the pistons and rods is required job #1. If the car had forged pistons and rods it would be a better canvas for modding, like the last Viper was. Lets say you do that and add a blower, now you're saddled with the 8hp70 transmission and could have just bought a hellcat, had the same performance and an 8HP90 trans.

Back