Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tavares is leaving Stellantis?

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
It's just a rumor... Sort of it. But even Italian magazine Quattroruote has written about him as an outgoing CEO.

Also L'argus, french web site, which is usually right about ex PSA, has written that there was a disagreement between Elkann and Tavares about some future projects.

Elkann has given priority to Alfa, Jeep and Lancia over Opels. So far he can't stop French brands but I have no doubts that he is not fond of DS.

AlexB

Reaction score
This adds more gasoline on to why Mark Stewart left:John is going to succeed Tavares as Stellantis CEO.
@redriderbob

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
This is far from certain. But...

Anyway by each year EU market share is detoriating.

I must also add that IMO platform strategy and also electrification strategy is just wrong. Pricing is... Excessively high for some products.
And forcing PSA platforms and powertrains is just wrong.

Mopar392

Reaction score
So did Elkan finally realized that Tavares is pushing everything PSA onto the whole group??

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
This adds more gasoline on to why Mark Stewart left:John is going to succeed Tavares as Stellantis CEO.
@redriderbob

Everyone is leaving... its getting bad. DaimlerChrysler part 2 from what I have heard from people I know working for the company. Even Jim Wilder who was the lead engineer on the Demon 170 left to go work for General Dynamics.

Mopar392

Reaction score
So soon we'll see some bad machines from GM. And that's in a good way.

cygnus

Reaction score
Everyone is leaving... its getting bad. DaimlerChrysler part 2 from what I have heard from people I know working for the company. Even Jim Wilder who was the lead engineer on the Demon 170 left to go work for General Dynamics.

Told everyone both on here and on Allpar that this was the case. No one wanted to believe or listen

cgseller

Reaction score
I feel the automotive industry is on the precipice of a correction. High priced vehicles that are unaffordable by anyone but the early/eager adopters. BEV vehicles too high priced for anyone but the early/eager/eco adopters.
If you want to keep #s in your quarter reports, I would have a low cost package strategy in your portfolio back pocket for Fall 2024-Fall 2026.

This has nothing to do with fuel prices, political winners/losers, but simply the state of global financial systems, supply, demand, and consumer behavior.

The GM Korean twins are getting a lot of attention these days...

cygnus

Reaction score
I feel the automotive industry is on the precipice of a correction. High priced vehicles that are unaffordable by anyone but the early/eager adopters. BEV vehicles too high priced for anyone but the early/eager/eco adopters.
If you want to keep #s in your quarter reports, I would have a low cost package strategy in your portfolio back pocket for Fall 2024-Fall 2026.

This has nothing to do with fuel prices, political winners/losers, but simply the state of global financial systems, supply, demand, and consumer behavior.

The GM Korean twins are getting a lot of attention these days...

As well as the Maverick / Bronco Sport

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
The auto manufacturers need to come to grips with the fact that we are now in a high interest rate environment.
Also, there's a lot of unmet demand in Europe for cheaper vehicles.

AlexB

Reaction score
The Compass, and that the entry level model... that's it
The auto manufacturers need to come to grips with the fact that we are now in a high interest rate environment.
Also, there's a lot of unmet demand in Europe for cheaper vehicles.
During the Earnings Call,they mentioned the importance of pricing for Europe EV (Citroen e-C3)..but for the United States. they stated ''The need to defend what we have gained'' in terms of pricing, and plug the 6% Average Transaction Pricing gain (in the U.S.).

AlexB

Reaction score
During the Earnings Call,they mentioned the importance of pricing for Europe EV (Citroen e-C3)..but for the United States. they stated ''The need to defend what we have gained'' in terms of pricing, and plug the 6% Average Transaction Pricing gain (in the U.S.).
They noted in the U.S...the pricing helps the move to EV.

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
When you have people here and in Allpar bragging that they pay more for their vehicles and that Europe is not pulling its weight in terms of profits for Stellantis...
Many Mopar fans are happy to ripped off and proud of being more ripped off than europeans.

Users who are viewing this thread