Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis Takes Strategic Shift To Hybrid Vehicles In Europe

Stellantis Takes Strategic Shift To Hybrid Vehicles In Europe​

Cheaper HEVs Are Gaining Huge Momentum In Europe, As EV Subsidies Reside...​

1721024437439.png

Stellantis has announced that it will take a strategic shift towards expanding its lineup of hybrid vehicles in response to evolving consumer preferences across the European continent. The decision comes amidst a notable surge in demand for hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs), driven by affordability and practicality factors.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
North America, when?

There's such a large piece of the market that is being missed out on here.

And don't tell me that a $70k Hornet PHEV checks the box.

AlexB

Reaction score
North America, when?

Base on the Investor Day: Cherokee and STLA Medium Compass.

TripleT

Reaction score
North America, when?

NO one KNOWS the Hornet is PHEV. Latest commercial AGAIN makes no Mention of it, it Just fast according to the latest ad. It exhausting to watch the marketing fail. and Jesus is the Canadian dollar that weak at the moment that it nearly double?

patfromigh

Reaction score
Dodge advertises the Hornet as "the gateway to muscle.'" So what is it? Perhaps its training wheels for a real muscle car or a half way house to a pure ICE powertrain. The Hornet should be advertised on its virtues.

Meanwhile in Europe the AR Tonale offers a 48V hybrid, with the 1500 GSE-T running Miller Cycle, combined with a 7-speed dual clutch transaxle. There is an electric motor in the transaxle and this setup is also a front wheel drive. This should have been the basis for an entry level Dodge Hornet.

I don't know why Stellantis is dragging their feet on hybrids in North America. The eFlite hybrid system hasn't had any major updates since its introduction in 2016. It never went into other vehicles here or in other markets.The Compass and Renegade never offered the 4Xe as an option here. It showed up only on the Tonale and Hornet. Toyota now offers an e-axle with most of their hybrids, either optional or as standard equipment.

TripleT

Reaction score
No one is interested in a Quick Sporty car that can get more than 80mpg-net. The best value in the Horner RT is even being advertised.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
NO one KNOWS the Hornet is PHEV. Latest commercial AGAIN makes no Mention of it, it Just fast according to the latest ad. It exhausting to watch the marketing fail. and Jesus is the Canadian dollar that weak at the moment that it nearly double?

I see non-stop 2025 Ram ads, but nothing for the Hornet. Another marketing fail from this company.

CAD exchange rate has been pretty stable at $0.73ish for the past two years. It's not like when the CAD was above $0.83 they lowered the prices here.

Besides, Toyota can price the faster and roomier loaded Rav4 Prime for $5k less than a Hornet, the Mazda CX-70 PHEV is cheaper too, and a Kia Sportage PHEV is $15k cheaper than a Hornet.

I know you mentioned that the Hornet vs. Tonale price was insignificant when you purchased, and it's the same here. Hornet is priced too high.

TripleT

Reaction score
I see non-stop 2025 Ram ads, but nothing for the Hornet. Another marketing fail from this company.

CAD exchange rate has been pretty stable at $0.73ish for the past two years. It's not like when the CAD was above $0.83 they lowered the prices here.

Besides, Toyota can price the faster and roomier loaded Rav4 Prime for $5k less than a Hornet, the Mazda CX-70 PHEV is cheaper too, and a Kia Sportage PHEV is $15k cheaper than a Hornet.

I know you mentioned that the Hornet vs. Tonale price was insignificant when you purchased, and it's the same here. Hornet is priced too high.
Yeah, well those aren't built in Italy and shipping for the EU right NOW is INSANE. It is killing us also as some of our parts are made in Turkey.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
Yeah, well those aren't built in Italy and shipping for the EU right NOW is INSANE. It is killing us also as some of our parts are made in Turkey.

As a potential customer, I'd rather buy a vehicle that is made close to home anyway. The increased price for a vehicle built across the ocean is just another reason I wouldn't buy it since that doesn't add any value to me.

I'm seeing 2025 Rams with 5 figure discounts already on dealer lots here.

Meanwhile, they are offering $1500 off a new Hornet lol

Users who are viewing this thread