What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis Lays Off 191 Workers At SHAP Amid EV Transition

Stellantis Lays Off 191 Workers At SHAP Amid EV Transition​

Job Cuts Come As Stellantis Prepares For Electric Ram 1500 REV Production...​

1727279901198.png

Stellantis is laying off 191 workers at the Sterling Heights Assembly Plant (SHAP) in Michigan as it prepares to produce the highly anticipated all-electric Ram 1500 REV pickup. The automaker announced that 177 temporary workers, referred to as supplemental employees, will be separated from the company effective October 1. Additionally, 14 full-time workers will be laid off starting September 28.

According to Stellantis, the temporary workers were brought in to cover increased vacation time during the summer months, a common practice in the auto industry. The company cites ongoing assessments of its manufacturing processes and efforts to improve efficiency as reasons for the layoffs.

UAW Criticizes Stellantis Layoffs at Sterling Heights Plant​

Stellantis Cites Market Conditions For Job Cuts...​

1727300843586.png

Stellantis has announced plans to lay off 191 workers at its Sterling Heights Assembly Plant (SHAP) in Metro Detroit, a move that has sparked sharp criticism from the United Auto Workers (UAW). The layoffs, set to take effect on October 1, 2024, will primarily impact seasonal supplemental employees who were hired to cover for increased summer vacation periods. Stellantis pointed to challenging market conditions and the need for operational adjustments as the primary reasons behind the job cuts.

???????? Who did the Union just endorse for President? This is BS on Fain's part he knows DAMN well that a EV takes 30% less labor to produce, and that doesn't include how much of that is off loaded to Asia.

Not to mention even in the CARB states there is a disconnect between the regulatory and consumer.

I am not trying to insert politics in it but the difference between one side of the isle is clear on subject. ONE very much believes that there is a single solution to Climate change, and it is the forced adoption of EV vehicles.

???????? Who did the Union just endorse for President? This is BS on Fain's part he knows DAMN well that a EV takes 30% less labor to produce, and that doesn't include how much of that is off loaded to Asia.

Not to mention even in the CARB states there is a disconnect between the regulatory and consumer.

I am not trying to insert politics in it but the difference between one side of the isle is clear on subject. ONE very much believes that there is a single solution to Climate change, and it is the forced adoption of EV vehicles.

The union didn't endorse Kamala, Shawn Fain is. I know a lot of people who are UAW members who are voting the other way.

The union didn't endorse Kamala, Shawn Fain is. I know a lot of people who are UAW members who are voting the other way.
Yes, in detail you are correct. But the same organization head is complaining about something HE endorsed.

You maybe right, but Shawn is the mouth piece for the UAW and when he speaks as president, he speaks for the UAW. Although he may support her, and most members will be voting MEGA, the public reading/watching the news see the UAW as backing her.

You maybe right, but Shawn is the mouth piece for the UAW and when he speaks as president, he speaks for the UAW. Although he may support her, and most members will be voting MEGA, the public reading/watching the news see the UAW as backing her.
I don't know if it MAGA or just self-preservation. She is clearly on the Side of forced EV and public transport. Not only from a CARB state perspective but nationally, taking the choice away from people outside CARB states.

If your a UAW member and you're Not aware 30% less labor to build an EV..... Nearly the entire powertrain is offshored to Asia.

And the demand for EV is lower so it is double whammy. I guess you will have to "learn to code" or mix lathes ..... you are literally voting against your own job, and Fain is NOT representing your best interest.

Back