What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis Invests $406 Million in Michigan for EV and Hybrid Expansion

Stellantis Invests $406 Million in Michigan for EV and Hybrid Expansion​

Supports Electric Ram 1500, Ramcharger, and Jeep EVs...​

1726083615569.png

Stellantis has announced a significant investment of over $406 million across three key facilities in Michigan, reinforcing its commitment to a “multi-energy” strategy. This approach supports the production of vehicles with a range of powertrains, including electric, range-extended, and internal combustion engine (ICE) models. The Sterling Heights Assembly Plant (SHAP), Warren Truck Assembly Plant (WTAP), and Dundee Engine Plant (DEP) are set to receive this funding to prepare for the production of new vehicles and components.

A range extender for the Jeep Recon would be a huge plus. With all the plugin vehicles in the pipeline, Stellantis had better get their marketing operation in order. They blew it with the Hornet, but that's another thread.

Although nothing new, it should put to rest (for now) the gossip that Stellantis is abandoning (selling) North America.
Have they mishandled and frankly insulted the North American market and operations ? Absolutely YES!
Are they that business ignorant to walk away from their most lucrative market and potential for growth. Absolutely NOT!
When put into perspective, this years dismal results and publicized dealer pushback should wake them up. If not, I may revise my comments.
Not the best news, but not negative.

I was expecting to see these vehicles sooner than later. But if they’re just tooling up now- who knows when we will see a Ramcharger. I paid $100 to get on the list months ago and haven’t heard a peep— until today, when this press release hit my alerts.

The 1.6 announcement is a good news for those of us advocating HEV sooner than later.

Back