Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis Has Refiled For The ‘Cuda Name Trademark

Stellantis (FCA US) has recently taken a step that has many people buzzing on social media. The automaker has refiled a trademark for the Cuda nameplate with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). This trademark covers “motor vehicles, namely concept motor vehicles,” which has led to widespread speculation about the possible return of the legendary Barracuda, commonly known as the ‘Cuda. ‘Cuda is a name that resonates deeply with muscle car aficionados. Initially produced by Plymouth, a now-defunct brand, the Barracuda was a beloved muscle car during its heyday in the 1960s and 1970s. Known for its powerful … (read full article...)

Image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score
Somewhat said it elsewhere on the forum, but considering the "namely concept cars" bit, I'd love to see if they're soon to tease a new model line of sedans/coupes much smaller than the new Chargers.
While nothing but multiple crossovers and SUVs work for these American automakers anymore, the Koreans and some of the Japanese seem to do fine as outliers with multiple sedans in their stables.

Imagine though if we just get a crossover squeezing between the Hornet and Durango called Cuda...

bill burke

Reaction score
Enough with the crossovers already. The “ Cuda” name is sacred in these parts and anything but a performance coupe would call for burning at the stake,
Anyone see my pitchfork and torch?

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score
Enough with the crossovers already. The “ Cuda” name is sacred in these parts and anything but a performance coupe would call for burning at the stake,
Anyone see my pitchfork and torch?
I mean...2006 Charger? Definitely ruffled feathers then, but now? People are saying the next gen sedan looks better than it's coupe counterpart, some having even hoped for it to show up before they took off the wraps.
A Cuda branded crossover is definitely a bridge too far, thankfully I don't think that'll actually be the plan. They'll still probably want a third crossover for sales (I personally would just say no), name it Polara or Coronet is what I say however.

TripleT

Reaction score
Original New Gen Challenger had more Cuda' Style then Challenger.

Mopar392

Reaction score
Let’s hope and see a Cuda concept based on the Charger’s STLA large platform.
I’d be happy to park a new Cuda or Charger next to my Challenger.

Users who are viewing this thread