What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis Dealers Seek CEO’s Aid Amid Sales Slump

Stellantis Dealers Seek CEO’s Aid Amid Sales Slump​

Dealers Advocate for Change Amid Market Challenges...​

1721276140146.png

In a turbulent market, Stellantis is grappling with significant setbacks in the U.S. market. During the Q2 2024 period, the parent company of Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, Fiat, and Ram saw a sharp 21% decline in sales, contributing to the highest dealer inventory levels across the industry.

My last Stellantis purchases were a Dodge van, Fiat 500 Sport, Fiat 500e, and Fiat 500X. What does Stellantis have today that can replace these cars I have? The Fiats are excellent, fun, and dependable cars and I still have them to date.

My guess is the Implementation spends were delayed by the merger.... it is devastating to have these large gaps in product offering while the new models are being launched. No Renegade, No Charger, No Cherokee, No Challenger, No 300, No 1500 Classic, No Mid-sized RAM, No ICE 500 .... No ICE replacement for another full year. The whole corporation is product starved, under FCA they had done a good job of always having the new model ready without supply disruption.

The extra $2000 incentives are a farce. They only apply to the oldest 20% of a dealer's inventory. I've been looking at Durangos and GC's. Within 100 miles of my home, I only found a few with the extra 2k on them. The search takes in at least 20 dealers. This meager offering won't help move much inventory and once again hurts dealers that are lacking a lot of product to move any metal at all.
Make it across the board if you want to sell more vehicles. Dumb and Dummer running the show.

My guess is the Implementation spends were delayed by the merger.... it is devastating to have these large gaps in product offering while the new models are being launched. No Renegade, No Charger, No Cherokee, No Challenger, No 300, No 1500 Classic, No Mid-sized RAM, No ICE 500 .... No ICE replacement for another full year. The whole corporation is product starved, under FCA they had done a good job of always having the new model ready without supply disruption.
GM and Ford, or for that matter any other manufacturer would never leave holes in their lineup like Stellantis has now.
All that matters to them is their precious margins and profits. They will both soon disappear without new product. Something coming a year from now does nothing for the horrible current situation.

Stellantis Dealers Seek CEO’s Aid Amid Sales Slump​

Dealers Advocate for Change Amid Market Challenges...​

View attachment 9753

In a turbulent market, Stellantis is grappling with significant setbacks in the U.S. market. During the Q2 2024 period, the parent company of Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, Fiat, and Ram saw a sharp 21% decline in sales, contributing to the highest dealer inventory levels across the industry.

The current management group, including Tavares, needs to be fired! They have totally misread the U.S. market and damaged the company with their moves and lack of understanding of the U.S. market. Last weekend at the Carlisle show, there was no manufacturer representation from Stellantis or Mopar. This group is wasting away the long standing brand loyalty and goodwill that the brands have with the American public. They offer no gas powered and affordable products that people want to own. Their obsession with electric vehicles have drained them of resources that could have been used to refresh the Dodge line up and replenish the starving Chrysler line up. Their pricing strategies do not reflect the buying habits of traditional FCA, Jeep and Ram buyers and combined with the lack of fresh product resulted in high inventories and dealers that are struggling. I never thought I would feel sorry for dealers, but they are being screwed as well. Bring in someone who understands the U.S. market and start designing and building vehicles that provide customers with style, performance and value. If they have no idea how to do this, which is likely, they should go back and review what the 90's Chrysler management team and the early FCA team accomplished. During these periods in the company's history they were innovative and profitable. In addition, shelve the electric vehicles. No one can afford them and does not want them.

The current management group, including Tavares, needs to be fired! They have totally misread the U.S. market and damaged the company with their moves and lack of understanding of the U.S. market. Last weekend at the Carlisle show, there was no manufacturer representation from Stellantis or Mopar. This group is wasting away the long standing brand loyalty and goodwill that the brands have with the American public. They offer no gas powered and affordable products that people want to own. Their obsession with electric vehicles have drained them of resources that could have been used to refresh the Dodge line up and replenish the starving Chrysler line up. Their pricing strategies do not reflect the buying habits of traditional FCA, Jeep and Ram buyers and combined with the lack of fresh product resulted in high inventories and dealers that are struggling. I never thought I would feel sorry for dealers, but they are being screwed as well. Bring in someone who understands the U.S. market and start designing and building vehicles that provide customers with style, performance and value. If they have no idea how to do this, which is likely, they should go back and review what the 90's Chrysler management team and the early FCA team accomplished. During these periods in the company's history they were innovative and profitable. In addition, shelve the electric vehicles. No one can afford them and does not want them.
Chrysler 90's management team sucked.
The company most profitable period period was the last 5 years excluding the 2020 the COVID Year.

What the F*** do profits mean when they have nothing to sell? Give the f***up with the margins and profits. So sick of hearing that when the dealers and consumers are begging for product.

Last edited:
The company most profitable period period was the last 5 years excluding the 2020 the COVID Year.
Ok that statement proves so much about you , but I’ll just stop there. Chrysler was like a rocket on rails in the 90’s. Innovative , leading edge, trend setting, massive profits, huge cash reserves. What the hell are you even talking about.

Ok that statement proves so much about you , but I’ll just stop there. Chrysler was like a rocket on rails in the 90’s. Innovative , leading edge, trend setting, massive profits, huge cash reserves. What the hell are you even talking about.
By the way, what did you even know about Chrysler of the 90’s from your side of the pond ? How many of those products from the glory years did you own, or even drive, or even see in person. Get back in your Euro lane Alexa and quit your bullying

Reason why some are blocked because too many don't use facts, don't do homework and would be loss reading an balance sheet...
90's Chrysler Management asked FIAT to purchase it in the early 90's and ended up selling to Daimler in an friendly all-stock deal because of weak stock price.
Chrysler management 90's sucked.

Chrysler management 90s sucked. What an idiotic statement. You are showing your lack of knowledge about anything to do with MOPAR. So please tell us, what is it you know about the company from the 90s other than what you’ve read in some book? How many MOPARS did you own from the 90d? List them. ………. We are waiting. …………. That’s what I thought.

You forgot….

No HEMI or V8 of any kind other than Ram HD (for now).

The Daimler takeover was a rescue attempt. Poor old Chrysler was flat broke and Daimler swooped down and saved the company. There was no cash kitty for Daimler to loot, it was the other way around.
-- Joe Isuzu

Those of you who remember the 1990's will know who Joe Isuzu is.

Except the 18 billion they dumped down the Mitsubishi. There was a product renaissance under Lutz and Gale, some of the most exciting designs in the industry were from Mopar, although executions sometimes were a problem, then probably out of pure jealousy Lee picked Bob Eaton. Flushed the company down the drain, most of the Gen 2 version under Eaton were worse than the Gen1, then Daimler stepped in stole the development cash for Mitsubishi and starved the company with inferior versions of Mitsubishi and Hyundia vehicles.

Except the 18 billion they dumped down the Mitsubishi. There was a product renaissance under Lutz and Gale, some of the most exciting designs in the industry were from Mopar, although executions sometimes were a problem, then probably out of pure jealousy Lee picked Bob Eaton. Flushed the company down the drain, most of the Gen 2 version under Eaton were worse than the Gen1, then Daimler stepped in stole the development cash for Mitsubishi and starved the company with inferior versions of Mitsubishi and Hyundia vehicles.
Then Lee tried to un-retire and considered taking over Chrysler in the mid-90s which scared Eaton.
Its impossible for such behavior at Stellantis and Ford because of the voting+corporate governance powers of the
Elkann's-Agnelli's+Peugeot families(Stellantis) and Ford Family(Ford).

Chrysler 1990s sucked?

They released the Viper, which is iconic.

They released the “new” Ram pickups, which I personally believe literally saved the company.

They released the Grand Cherokee, which became the perennial #1 SUV in the market.

Technically started in 1989, the 1990s saw the Cummins diesel become legendary in pickup trucks, a deal that still sells Ram trucks in 2024.

They released the TJ Jeep Wrangler with coils front and rear for a better ride and a nicer interior which spread the Wrangler into households that previously wouldn’t own them.

The Eagle Talon was one of the fastest production cars available for sale in the U.S. and took a chunk out of Mustang/Camaro sales.

They were the first to drop a 10 cylinder engine into production pickups.

Not only did Chrysler not suck in the 1990s, the management then made choices and deals that saved the brands from extinction.

Well there a clear distinction between Lutz/Gale years and Eaton years. 1992 is the Year Eaton was assigned by Lee as the Grim Reaper it would take at least a product cycle of 3 - 5 years before that devasting decision produced negative outcomes. So, there is clear distinction in the Mid 90s

Well there a clear distinction between Lutz/Gale years and Eaton years. 1992 is the Year Eaton was assigned by Lee as the Grim Reaper it would take at least a product cycle of 3 - 5 years before that devasting decision produced negative outcomes. So, there is clear distinction in the Mid 90s
And in 1990:IMG_2685.png
Losses in 91 and 92
Sale talks end at the end of 1990 Chrysler and Fiat End Talks: The two...
The hiring of Bob Eaton as Vice-Chairman (setting the stage to become CEO over Lutz) was also 1992.

Last edited:
And in 1990:View attachment 9771
Losses in 91 and 92
Sale talks end at the end of 1990 Chrysler and Fiat End Talks: The two...
The hiring of Bob Eaton as Vice-Chairman (setting the stage to become CEO over Lutz) was also 1992.
1992, 3 to 5 car development cycle, Gale/Lutz stuff in the pipeline. 1996 boom, 1998 Explosion

Back