What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis Appoints Bob Broderdorf as Head of Jeep® North America

Stellantis Appoints Bob Broderdorf as Head of Jeep® North America​

New Leadership Aims to Drive Jeep Brand Forward...​

1725389118579.png

Stellantis has announced a key leadership change in its North American operations, appointing Bob Broderdorf as the new Head of Jeep® North America. Effective immediately, Broderdorf will oversee the Jeep brand’s strategy, sales, and marketing efforts across the United States, Canada, and Mexico.

Personally I think Jeep is in good shape to offer a wide variety of capable and attractive products. The most pressing issue is the drive train choices. If it is not eminently apparent yet, electric ONLY is a doomed product. Jeep must offer gasoline, pure hybrid and electric options to its customers. Every brand should follow suit.
Next, build quality must be improved. Lastly, keep their products fresh and segment leading. Think Jeep has a leadership role to set and maintain under Bob that defines Stellantis in North America.
I believe these are achievable goals that the other brands, especially Dodge and Chrysler, which are product starved right now, must adopt to succeed. Bob can be inspirational for these brands we all hope.
Jeep has a leg up and I wish Bob good luck in leading Jeep forward as a model for all domestic brands.

Personally I think Jeep is in good shape to offer a wide variety of capable and attractive products. The most pressing issue is the drive train choices. If it is not eminently apparent yet, electric ONLY is a doomed product. Jeep must offer gasoline, pure hybrid and electric options to its customers. Every brand should follow suit.
Next, build quality must be improved. Lastly, keep their products fresh and segment leading. Think Jeep has a leadership role to set and maintain under Bob that defines Stellantis in North America.
I believe these are achievable goals that the other brands, especially Dodge and Chrysler, which are product starved right now, must adopt to succeed. Bob can be inspirational for these brands we all hope.
Jeep has a leg up and I wish Bob good luck in leading Jeep forward as a model for all domestic brands.
I agree with your comment about all electric. If they want to kill Jeep, offering a single power-source such as electric is a sure way to kill the brand. Not sure if there are any charging stations in the middle of the woods, out in the middle of nowhere, etc. ? Unless there's something like a laser-beam projected from a satellite that could zap a battery back to life? Dunno.

Wrong guy running this beloved company. Sorry, not personal, just facing facts.

And, oh, don't think for one minute Jeep could not suffer the same results as other brands.

I agree with your comment about all electric. If they want to kill Jeep, offering a single power-source such as electric is a sure way to kill the brand. Not sure if there are any charging stations in the middle of the woods, out in the middle of nowhere, etc. ? Unless there's something like a laser-beam projected from a satellite that could zap a battery back to life? Dunno.

Wrong guy running this beloved company. Sorry, not personal, just facing facts.

And, oh, don't think for one minute Jeep could not suffer the same results as other brands.
I agree with both you and Bill on ALL engine options. As the owner of a Jeep, we do not go four wheeling in the woods but you bring up a GREAT point with your comment. I would say about 50% of Jeep owners, maybe more, (the others are soccer moms and large families) do go off roading, and your right, don’t see any charging stations being put anywhere close!!! Let’s not take away what Jeep stands for, for most people.
Only other option is to carry a large generator in your Jeep to charge it when off-roading in the woods. No wait, that takes gas!! What was I thinking. 🤔 lol

HEV are the future folks so yes essentially carrying around a big generator.

It pretty funny that one would think it is insightful that there are no remote charging stations way out in the woods, you know what also isn't remote refueling stations. But one can have access to wind, Solar, hydro in areas where you are 1000s of miles from an oil refinery.

You all need to sharpen your arguments. There are already Electric Jerry Cans being developed and Ford patent roof rack auxiliary battery. BYD and Tesla have high density batteries on the way that could provide range figures that ice engines can't touch.

These are Toyota and Honda customers today that don't realize or care that engine is not physically connected to the drive train. REV DT, JT, and JLs are inevitable, and I am not sure there is a strong argument that this is a bad thing.

Last edited:
Back