Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reviving the Spirit: The Dodge Demon Roadster Concept

Reviving the Spirit: The Dodge Demon Roadster Concept​

Could Such A Vehicle Be What The Brand Needs Now?​

1718250102685.png

Dodge has consistently pushed the boundaries with innovative and bold designs. One such example is the 2007 Dodge Demon Roadster Concept, which captured the imagination of car enthusiasts and critics alike when unveiled at the Geneva International Auto Show. Though it never reached production, the Demon Roadster Concept remains a fascinating chapter in Dodge’s history, showcasing the brand’s flair for combining affordability, sportiness, and driving excitement.

bill burke

Reaction score
A minor issue really, but those of us like myself who own a Chrysler Crossfire recognize immediately,by basic structural clues, that this Dodge is a reskinned Crossfire. That clarified, it’s a crying shame, looking at what might have been, for Dodge and for Chrysler. This striking Chrysler, Mercedes built and based sports car to this day is an outstanding vehicle, getting rave comments at the frequent car shows I attend. I won’t get into why it sold less than anticipated or why it was canceled, but one thing these two cars proved was the ability of Dodge and Chrysler to design and bring to market exciting and capable specialty vehicles. Yes, we must ask, demand really, what could and should have been. Fast forward to today and what do we have, once magnificent Chrysler struggling to find an identity, a range of offerings with character and definition and Dodge looking at a dooms day reckoning with a new muscle car that fans don’t want and won’t buy. Canceling the Challenger that was promised for this electric brick Daytona is not only irritating, its madness personified.
Lucky me I can still drive my Crossfire and my Hemi Challenger enjoying what was and sad knowing first hand, what could have been. What a shame we have come down to this. Fools on a fools mission to oblivion.

Last edited:

MoparRay

Reaction score
The Europeans think that are superior to us, yet they can't recreate the imagination of US Chrysler. That is why they never are top sellers in the USA. Elon Musk should buy Chrysler Group from Stellantis.

bill burke

Reaction score
The Europeans think that are superior to us, yet they can't recreate the imagination of US Chrysler. That is why they never are top sellers in the USA. Elon Musk should buy Chrysler Group from Stellantis.
The European brands, in particular, Maserati and to a lesser extent Alfa Romeo are reluctant to surrender exclusivity on platform and architecture sharing with our domestic products. Saw it as a Daimler Chrysler shareholder as the Mercedes investors were up in arms about the Chrysler 300-Dodge Charger engineering donations and appaulded beyond reason at the Crossfire spinoff. That, more than anything led to the Crossfire’s premature demise.
If Dodge shared with Alfa Romeo and Chrysler with Maserati so many problems would be solved and money saved for everyone. People site the Dodge Hornet pricing as the culprit behind lackluster sales. Bet it was Alfa Romeo not wanting a more competitively priced Hornet that might be behind this issue.
The marriages of Dodge and Alfa Romeo and Chrysler and Maserati seems too logical to be ignored, but knowing European attitudes.....it will be.

AlexB

Reaction score
The European brands, in particular, Maserati and to a lesser extent Alfa Romeo are reluctant to surrender exclusivity on platform and architecture sharing with our domestic products. Saw it as a Daimler Chrysler shareholder as the Mercedes investors were up in arms about the Chrysler 300-Dodge Charger engineering donations and appaulded beyond reason at the Crossfire spinoff. That, more than anything led to the Crossfire’s premature demise.
If Dodge shared with Alfa Romeo and Chrysler with Maserati so many problems would be solved and money saved for everyone. People site the Dodge Hornet pricing as the culprit behind lackluster sales. Bet it was Alfa Romeo not wanting a more competitively priced Hornet that might be behind this issue.
The marriages of Dodge and Alfa Romeo and Chrysler and Maserati seems too logical to be ignored, but knowing European attitudes.....it will be.
Then the What The Hell is STLA Large then? (Talk about one out of touch post)
Alfa E CUV segment is being built at Jefferson.

Gemini

Reaction score
Hornet built from Tonale... I think that the little Alfa would make good for the rebirth of the idea for the Demon that became the Dart Sport.. and Dart Sport might be the right name to carry. Now they could even make it a little EV?? What other name plate would be a nice throw back??

TripleT

Reaction score
The only brand that anyone in their right mind would let go is Chrysler. This is Xenophobic BS.

Users who are viewing this thread