What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Rampage coming to North America?

woodshed

Reaction score
I keep hearing that Ram is most likely bringing the Rampage to North America. Back when Sergio Marchionne was CEO we used to get the '5-year plan', but Carlos Tavares seems to keep everything a secret. Any hints regarding the Rampage coming to North America and when?

There is a midsize pickup coming based upon the STLA large platform, which will be built in Belvedere, IL. We don't know what this product's final name will be. I'm guessing that the Ram 1500 Revolution BEV concept offers a strong hint of what the midsize truck will look like. I think we are looking at the introduction being around two years out.

The Rampage is built in Brazil, so logistics and politics prevent it from being sold here.

There is a lot of information on this forum which can update someone wondering about future products. You will NOT hear of find that the Rampage will be coming to North America on these threads or news articles.

The team which was responsible for creating the 5 year plans was disbanded, and the employees involved were fired. This was because they failed to foresee the global pandemic, Russia invading Ukraine, a major chip shortage and the collapse of the EV market due to buyer reluctance.

Merger sort of kills this as there will be No SUSW in NA. It's possible that Mexico could run both SUSW and STLA Mid, but I find that possibility slim. Pre-Merger it would almost for sure would have had a chance. I really wish it was I really like that product. Like Pat said, Brazil is a clothed market and has normalized trade with very few countries. Which means there is actually very little shipping between the US and Brazil. There extremely high inbound Tariffs mean yes that would be matched the other way.

Again I love the product but the idea of adding a dead platform Capacity in NA seems very unlikely.

That's too bad if the Rampage doesn't make its way into the U.S. There was a Rampage test mule spotted in Colorado, which led some to believe that it would come to North America. It even had an American flag either embossed or engraved in the taillights. I think TFL said that if it did come to the U.S., it would most likely be built in Mexico.

There is a midsize pickup coming based upon the STLA large platform, which will be built in Belvedere, IL.
We've been hearing about a midsize truck for a long time, but once the Gladiator appeared on the scene, it seemed like the consensus was that Stellantis wouldn't want Ram to compete with the Gladiator and hurt sales by producing a mid-size truck. The Rampage would be a compact truck and compete with the Ford Maverick and Hyundai Santa Cruz, but based on what you're saying, that doesn't appear to be a reality.

We've been hearing about a midsize truck for a long time, but once the Gladiator appeared on the scene, it seemed like the consensus was that Stellantis wouldn't want Ram to compete with the Gladiator and hurt sales by producing a mid-size truck. The Rampage would be a compact truck and compete with the Ford Maverick and Hyundai Santa Cruz, but based on what you're saying, that doesn't appear to be a reality.
Read some of the other treads. Yes the BOF is VERY crowded, Jeep, Ford, Toyota, NIssan, Chevy, and GMC most of them brand new.

STLA large would mean is would be in the much less crowded area that the RidgeLine exists. Think JGC with a bed.

It should be here, but it isn't coming.
Can you think of where it could be produced? How far off are the Carrier points for CUSW, I suppose only a few people know on the STLA Mid, but given it is a PSA based Architecture I assume NOT close. Does Belvedere have two lines or is just one. I know the CUSW an MK existed at the same time.

More bad news, the midsize to be built in Belvedere will arrive as an EV first with an ICE version to follow later. That is the current practice of Stellantis. The BYD Shark is $50,000 USD down in Mexico. Saying that the Ram midsize will be cost competitive doesn't offer much solace.

Can you think of where it could be produced? How far off are the Carrier points for CUSW, I suppose only a few people know on the STLA Mid, but given it is a PSA based Architecture I assume NOT close. Does Belvedere have two lines or is just one. I know the CUSW an MK existed at the same time.

Brampton... all of Stellantis' lines are multi-flexible. The Rampage is based on the current Compass, which is a unibody and could be built there.

Brampton... all of Stellantis' lines are multi-flexible. The Rampage is based on the current Compass, which is a unibody and could be built there.
Without carrier changes?

There is a midsize pickup coming based upon the STLA large platform,

The good news is that the Rampage (or whatever Ram decides to call it) could still fall under the STLA Large platform.

Rampage overall length: 190 inches
Rampage overall width: 74.3 inches
Rampage wheelbase: 117.9 inches
Rampage ground clearance: 10.39 inches
Rampage tire diameter: 29.03 inches

Key STLA Large metrics:

• Overall length range: 187.6-201.8 inches (4,764-5,126 mm)
  • Overall width range: 74.7-79.9 inches (1,897-2,030 mm)
  • Wheelbase range: 113.0-121.1 inches (2,870-3,075 mm)
  • Ground clearance range: 5.5-11.3 inches (140-288 mm)
  • Maximum tire diameter: 32.6 inches (858 mm)

We have a 2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel, 2020 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel, and a 2023 Jeep Gladiator EcoDiesel. My wife and I carpool to work. The 2015 Ram has been our daily driver since we bought it new in 2016. It would be nice to have a compact truck (similar to the Ford Maverick) for commuting to work, but unlike most econobox vehicles, the Rampage is so much more capable and useful for our type of living situation. I look forward to whatever updates we can get from the Belvidere Assembly Plant!

While Carlos is at it at Sterling Heights he better take a look at all his North American operations. Examine closely the employment criteria of his workers and management. Is goal number 1 competent, measurable experience and skills based talent or some other imposed and quota driven criteria? Put some responsibility on the unions, they share culpability.
How many times do social engineers, social justice advocates and politicians tampering in things they don’t understand have to fail miserably to learn that equality is not in outcomes, that equal access and talent is not a quota chart but the bottom line. Obviously the bottom line in the North American operations has been tainted and compromised and PC remedies and fear of criticism will not work. Fire these slackers and get the best, reallly qualified workers (emphasis on WORK) regardless of anything else but demonstrative qualifications and actual job talent. American consumers deserve better. Time we change direction in America. Equality of outcomes is nowhere in our Constitution or in the composition of human reality. Every 100 yard dash would require a tie of every competitor every time. You get it...right?
That’s a FACT Jack, opps, Carlos !

Motor Trend is reporting that the next Renegade is coming in 2026 and will be built in North America:

Brampton seems like the obvious choice for assembly plant, unless Belvidere is flexible enough to produce a STLA Large pickup AND the STLA Small Renegade. I know there were two body shops at Belvidere at one point but not sure about assembly lines. As @TripleT pointed out, they produced the Dart and the Compass/Patriot on two different platforms at one point, but they were also fairly close in size...

The good news is that the Rampage (or whatever Ram decides to call it) could still fall under the STLA Large platform.

Rampage overall length: 190 inches
Rampage overall width: 74.3 inches
Rampage wheelbase: 117.9 inches
Rampage ground clearance: 10.39 inches
Rampage tire diameter: 29.03 inches

Key STLA Large metrics:
  • Overall length range: 187.6-201.8 inches (4,764-5,126 mm)
  • Overall width range: 74.7-79.9 inches (1,897-2,030 mm)
  • Wheelbase range: 113.0-121.1 inches (2,870-3,075 mm)
  • Ground clearance range: 5.5-11.3 inches (140-288 mm)
  • Maximum tire diameter: 32.6 inches (858 mm)

We have a 2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel, 2020 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel, and a 2023 Jeep Gladiator EcoDiesel. My wife and I carpool to work. The 2015 Ram has been our daily driver since we bought it new in 2016. It would be nice to have a compact truck (similar to the Ford Maverick) for commuting to work, but unlike most econobox vehicles, the Rampage is so much more capable and useful for our type of living situation. I look forward to whatever updates we can get from the Belvidere Assembly Plant!
As you noted, the midsize truck at Belvidere is supposedly STLA Large. They could call it Rampage, Dakota, or anything else, but it won't be the same Rampage sold in other markets.

Are there any details about the next-gen Gladiator (~2028)? Any chance its replacement is on STLA Large and built at Belvidere? Or is the plan to keep it BOF at Toledo?

(And, to open up another can of worms: Is the Recon a test to see if the next Wrangler could be unit-body on STLA Large? Do we know for sure the next Wrangler will stay BOF?)

Last edited:
Heads up to RRB who recently posted the news article on the success of the Chinese/Mexican Dodge Journey. The article jogged my memory enough when it mentions the original Dodge Journey was produced in Toluca, MX. This means the Journey came from the same facility which was also producing the Fiat 500 for North America during the same time period.

I expect the next Renegade to be on the STLA Smart platform like all its cheap EV Stellantis cousins. These EV/hybrid offerings come in at lower prices than those built on the older eCMP platform, even though the sizes and powertrain pieces are often similar.

If there is a line in North America producing vehicles based on the Smart platform, that also opens up the possibility of producing the next generation Fiat Strada/Ram 700 on the same line. I forgot to mention that one of the other reasons we don't get products from Brazil is they are running the lines down there at full capacity. Fiat said the next Strada sized pickup will be sold globally, they will probably need another production line. Of course "globally" doesn't always include the USA when it comes to things from Fiat.

If the midsize Ram is based on the Large platform, I think there is a business case for a Strada sized vehicle to compliment it. If it is a product sold globally, the sales numbers for North America would not have to be huge.

Isn't Toluca earmarked for the Recon/Wagoneer S/Cherokee and possibly the Chrysler EV CUV?

I was implying Toluca proved such a thing can be done. According to M/T the next Renegade will be built in North America. Who knows where.

Back