What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pentastar V6 Is Now Standard On Ram 1500 Longhorn and Limited:

Pentastar V6 Is Now Standard On Ram 1500 Longhorn and Limited:
The V6 eTorque System Is Now Standard On Premium Ram 1500s...

IMG_8297-780x405.jpg

A month ago, our sister site 5thGenRams.com posted some spy photos from our friends at Real Fast Fotography that showed a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited models without HEMI badges and single exhaust. We figured it might be a 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 tester for the premium trim levels, and we were right.

MoparInsiders.com contributor Ryan Dodd, came across the 2019 Ram 1500 Limited Build & Price configurator that has been quietly updated. It seems that now you can get not just 2019 Ram 1500 Limited trim level pickups with standard 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 power, but it is also now standard on the high-acclaimed Laramie Longhorn trim package as well.

For the entire article, click the link below...
https://moparinsiders.com/pentastar-v6-is-now-option-on-ram-1500-longhorn-and-limited/

I don’t think I’d order a V8 on a Longhorn or Limited. It’s not like a V8 is going to be super fast anyway in a pickup, so might as well enjoy a quieter ride with the V6.

ETorque makes the Pentastar the performance equivalent of the Hemi. Doesn’t have that v8 growl, but doesn’t have that v8 thirst either.

I'm curious if E-Torque V6 will actually improve sales. FCA seems confident putting it into the top trims.

A V6 Ram depreciates like a rock, tied to a brick. I have trouble selling them to friends/family due solely to their horrendous residual value. We won't be ordering V6 top trim trucks, as the EcoDiesel will be filling the economy need.

I'm curious if E-Torque V6 will actually improve sales. FCA seems confident putting it into the top trims.

A V6 Ram depreciates like a rock, tied to a brick. I have trouble selling them to friends/family due solely to their horrendous residual value. We won't be ordering V6 top trim trucks, as the EcoDiesel will be filling the economy need.
Main advantage I see is entry price. I’d buy one over an EcoDiesel any day for several reasons.

I don’t think FCA feels they can count on the EcoDiesel for the long term. Perhaps it’s design decisions come to bit them in the bass, perhaps it’s the weight of the VW scandal. The E-Torque Pentastar seems like a placeholder until the GME 6 (with E-torque or other hybrid system baked in) shows up.

Back