Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Proof The HELLCAT Will Have ACC For 2019:

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
More Proof The HELLCAT Will Have ACC For 2019:
Pictures Are Worth A Million Words...

ChallengerWidebodyACC-780x405.jpg

After the news that FCA US is recalling 4.8 million vehicles about cruise control issues on vehicles from the 2014 to the present, we have some positive cruise control information for you. We broke some information a few weeks ago, about HELLCAT models getting Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) for the 2019 model year. Since then, we have even more prove.

We also have had a great picture (above) of a 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT HELLCAT widebody pre-production prototype carrying the ACC sensor, thanks to our friend “pgongol”. He caught this car in Rochester, Michigan not too far from the Chrysler Headquarters and Technology Center campus.

To Read The Entire Article Click The Link...

https://moparinsiders.com/more-proof-the-hellcat-will-have-acc-for-2019/

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Any news on potential interior tweaks for the Charger and Challenger for 2019?

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Any news on potential interior tweaks for the Charger and Challenger for 2019?

Should stay very close to the same... I had seen some stuff late last year that FCA US might put built in camera and data records into the cars for track days similar to the Camaro and Corvette. If that will show up, I dunno yet.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder if that would just be an addition to the SRT Pages (or Performance Pages. I can't remember what they're called).
It's just Dodge Performance Pages but the SRTs have more suspension options in those pages. I think that would be a very likely scenario, but I'd hope it would be optional on all Hemi models and maybe even the GTs.

I still can't figure out why they'd need both a GT RWD trim and an SXT Plus RWD trim unless they are planning to give GT more specific performance upgrades, but that is a topic for a different thread...

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
You know what, I just thought of this: if there is a front camera for lap times, wouldn't they just have to add side cameras in each of the mirrors to stitch the images together to make a 360 view? Would depend on the angle captured by the front camera, but it seems doable. I know some other FCA vehicles have this, but Challenger should too IMO due to the blind spots. The lap timer/camera would move them one step closer to making that available if they wanted to.

Cody's Car Conundrum

Reaction score
You know what, I just thought of this: if there is a front camera for lap times, wouldn't they just have to add side cameras in each of the mirrors to stitch the images together to make a 360 view? Would depend on the angle captured by the front camera, but it seems doable. I know some other FCA vehicles have this, but Challenger should too IMO due to the blind spots. The lap timer/camera would move them one step closer to making that available if they wanted to.
It would make for a wicked YT track-day video :D

Or in the case of the GT, wicked snow-drifting videos.

It's just Dodge Performance Pages but the SRTs have more suspension options in those pages. I think that would be a very likely scenario, but I'd hope it would be optional on all Hemi models and maybe even the GTs.

I still can't figure out why they'd need both a GT RWD trim and an SXT Plus RWD trim unless they are planning to give GT more specific performance upgrades, but that is a topic for a different thread...
I see, thanks for the correction!

IIRC most Dodges got the new Performance steering wheel, so I can't imagine that would be a differentiator between RWD SXT Plus models and RWD GT models. The seats could be it, but I can't think of many options you could get on a GT model that wouldn't be available on an SXT Plus model.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
It would make for a wicked YT track-day video :D

I see, thanks for the correction!

GTs might (a big might) end up getting them... I would surely hope so, imagine all the snow-drifting vids!
If positioned at the right angle, the side cameras could serve another purpose: to record the car pulling ahead of its competitor in a drag race!

But yes, I think GT should offer more performance-oriented features over the SXT. Wouldn't mind to see some kind of improved exhaust setup over the SXT. Camaro 3.6 with performance exhaust sounds pretty good for a V6.

Cody's Car Conundrum

Reaction score
If positioned at the right angle, the side cameras could serve another purpose: to record the car pulling ahead of its competitor in a drag race!

But yes, I think GT should offer more performance-oriented features over the SXT. Wouldn't mind to see some kind of improved exhaust setup over the SXT. Camaro 3.6 with performance exhaust sounds pretty good for a V6.
Joking aside, that would make for some really cool footage. Footage that Dodge's social media employees (for lack of a better word) could work with.

More "what ifs," but they could do this with the next-gen Challenger. Don't know what kind of V6 exhaust system they have for the current Challenger in order to achieve this but perhaps it would be something worth looking into the next-gen car.

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Joking aside, that would make for some really cool footage. Footage that Dodge's social media employees (for lack of a better word) could work with.

More "what ifs," but they could do this with the next-gen Challenger. Don't know what kind of V6 exhaust system they have for the current Challenger in order to achieve this but perhaps it would be something worth looking into the next-gen car.
Current V6 setup isn't terrible and it does have a very slight hint of an aggressive sound for a V6. A V6 is never going to sound like a V8 though, so maybe it's a good thing they aren't trying to do anything with the exhaust from the factory. The Camaro 3.6 sounds good for a V6, but I wonder how many people would think you put a cheap aftermarket exhaust on your V6 to pretend you have a V8?

I feel like we need a different thread for upcoming Dodge car speculation/discussion.

Cody's Car Conundrum

Reaction score
I don't know. As much as I'd be intrigued by a factory exhaust mod for the Challenger V6, it might seem to poser-ish for Dodge to care. I'd expect something like that to come with the I-6 Tornado though.

Users who are viewing this thread