Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Make your picks:John Elkann announces FCA management overhaul coming

AlexB

Reaction score
New NAFTA ("Chrysler" /FCA U.S. LLC)head..... New EMEA (Italian Operations) head.....Product head changes.... Time make guess and picks:

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV (FCA.MI) Chief Executive Michael Manley will announce a new structure for the Italian-American car maker's management by the end of September, Chairman John Elkann said at the company's extraordinary shareholder meeting on Friday in Amsterdam.

Mr. Manley oversaw the company's Jeep and Ram divisions, before unexpectedly being named chief executive in July when health issues forced the company to replace Sergio Marchionne. Mr. Marchionne later died from an undisclosed illness.
Mr. Manley is working to make his mark on the company and announce a new management structure end month, said Mr. Elkann, who is also the chief executive of major Fiat and Ferrari NV (RACE) shareholder Exor
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/fiat-chrysler-ceo-to-unveil-new-structure-soon-2018-09-07

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
NAFTA and EMEA COO positions are interesting topic.

TripleT

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor, don't scroll down to the comment page of article on Allpar.... Wow ....... I know what was I thinking

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
@TripleT

I don't know how they are not under a ban. At least some of them.

Jeep Romeo is not funny any more. Alfa has shown with Stelvio that a SUV can have a very capable handling even if it has just a 235 mm wide tires on all four corners or if it doesn't have expensive form of adaptive suspension.

TripleT

Reaction score
@TripleT

I don't know how they are not under a ban. At least some of them.

Jeep Romeo is not funny any more. Alfa has shown with Stelvio that a SUV can have a very capable handling even if it has just a 235 mm wide tires on all four corners or if it doesn't have expensive form of adaptive suspension.
Well i think the comment section on articles is unmoderated and in the Forum there a particular mod that is a ring leader instead of moderator..... it was my mistake venturing down there

AlexB

Reaction score
My prediction is Michael Keegan (former HR head,now PR head and Global Executive Council Coordinator) or Palmer becomes the New head of NAFTA.
Reid likely announces his retirement at the end of the year.

Blown7

Reaction score
So is there any way Mike M or John E can screw this up?
Or are all the slots pretty much forgone conclusions?

Chally392

Reaction score
My predictions:

Agree him Morrison is a shoe in for ram...but they need someone who knows international and is more product than commercial for jeep, so could be Nyquist, head of jeep prod planning. Good guy.

For nafta coo....there's many who could do It...bigland, kuniskis, many others. It's anyone's game I think

For EMEA it's tough....gorlier is a good candidate, but if I were him i wouldn't want it...his current job is better, safer, more rewarding and doesn't mean moving his family back to Italy. Mele is too new in the deputy coo role but could do it if babysat by an old hand like Ketter for 12-24mo...but ketter screwed up in LATAM and I don't think it's been forgotten. Gianluca Italia can do sales but not COO...chiari is clever but emea needs someone with more commercial experience.

Other thing is nobody has considered external hires...could happen. I wonder what they'd have to pay Luca de meo to come back from SEAT for the Emea job haha

Freshforged

Reaction score
Don’t know the players well enough. Isn’t Bigland kinda damaged goods? Though he burned the company by getting involved in some scandal recently...

Users who are viewing this thread