Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeep® Wagoneer S and Dodge Charger Daytona EVs Spotted Testing

Jeep® Wagoneer S and Dodge Charger Daytona EVs Spotted Testing​

New EV Models Signal Stellantis' Bold Move into Electric Vehicle Market...​

1717701889888.png

While the electric vehicle (EV) revolution gained momentum over the past couple of years, automakers like Ford and General Motors (GM) have released several new EVs to the North American market. Coming late to the party, the Chrysler Group within Stellantis is now making significant strides. Recently, keen-eyed observer Tony Thomas (@tonedeaf87) spotted two of the automaker's all-electric models, the Jeep® Wagoneer S and two-door Dodge Charger Daytona, testing in Metro Detroit.

TripleT

Reaction score
Checking with my Roush testing guy to see if they have been handed over yet to mile up.

bill burke

Reaction score
It’s been stated by a Stellantis spokesperson that the Wagoneer S is a niche vehicle and will remain all electric with modest sales acceptable. Not so the Charger Daytona, Dodges all electric vehicle. One must ask are modest sales acceptable to the model or the Dodge brand for sustainability?
To the rescue, it is hoped (necessary actually) is the Charger Six Pack. Wise of Dodge to push Stellantis for this life preserver or things might have not gone as well for Dodge. I truly hope both these electrics sell well, but market forces at the moment predicts not only modest sales but dealer resistance to accepting these on their inventory when they just might sit and sit and sit.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Checking with my Roush testing guy to see if they have been handed over yet to mile up.

Roush doesn't do any testing for Stellantis anymore, Stellantis didn't renew their contact and their facility that they tested out of is sold.

Mopar392

Reaction score
As much as I like both of them, but I’m only interested in the ICE versions.
Charger SixPack is coming with the Hurricane 6 but I wonder if the upcoming Cherokee will be the ICE version of the Wagoneer S or if the Wagoneer S itself will have an ICE offering

TripleT

Reaction score
Roush doesn't do any testing for Stellantis anymore, Stellantis didn't renew their contact and their facility that they tested out of is sold.
Thery did the 392 Jeep and Wagoneer... when did it end? He was retired so it was good retirement job.

patfromigh

Reaction score
There is nothing like showing up late to the party, but everybody else ran down the fire escape because the building is on fire. The room is now empty, the electricity has gone off and the elevator has stopped working. They themselves can't use the fire escape because the building is rapidly collapsing. 🦨

What else can go wrong? The Wagoneer S is built in Mexico and that country just elected a new president who is big on workers' rights and raising the minimum wage.

vbondjr1

Reaction score
I will say this. The designers did a 99% amazing job on the Charger. For what it's worth, I think what Dodge tried to do with this car was amazing and I feel like at a different time, this car would have been a bigger success as an EV and who knows, it might still prove itself to be awesome and have a huge following. I won't dive too deep into this but I still stand on the fact that this vehicle as a hybrid would have fared much better than it strictly being EV or ICE. Stellantis did an amazing job at marketing this car but even still it wasn't marketed properly due to the fact that there is such a rift going on with everything in the world right now. Both vehicles are going to need major support from Direct Connection, that is a given, but I think, for those of us who are a little more open minded, the Daytona is going to open up the doors for extensive EV tuning and modding because of the type of car it is. EVs are tunable and while it might not be the same as throwing in a hot cam or putting on a set of long tubes, EVs can be modified for improved performance. What stops Direct Connection from offering a Banshee rear multi-speed "E-Rupt" EDM in the near future for the Daytona Scat Pack for better acceleration and a little more power and a better driving experience? What stops Direct Connection from partnering with Borla for an upgraded Fratzonic system adding a more powerful sounding system with it's own unique design? What would stop aftermarket companies like Diablosport from coming up with tuning software eventually for these cars? What would stop an aftermarket company like Vicrez from coming out with amazing styling upgrades for this car (INCLUDING DOOR PANELS THAT HAVE THE '68-'70 SCALLOPS LIKE THIS CAR SHOULD HAVE FROM THE FACTORY)? I for one, think the Daytona has alot of potential to be something special. But that's just me

bill burke

Reaction score
I will say this. The designers did a 99% amazing job on the Charger. For what it's worth, I think what Dodge tried to do with this car was amazing and I feel like at a different time, this car would have been a bigger success as an EV and who knows, it might still prove itself to be awesome and have a huge following. I won't dive too deep into this but I still stand on the fact that this vehicle as a hybrid would have fared much better than it strictly being EV or ICE. Stellantis did an amazing job at marketing this car but even still it wasn't marketed properly due to the fact that there is such a rift going on with everything in the world right now. Both vehicles are going to need major support from Direct Connection, that is a given, but I think, for those of us who are a little more open minded, the Daytona is going to open up the doors for extensive EV tuning and modding because of the type of car it is. EVs are tunable and while it might not be the same as throwing in a hot cam or putting on a set of long tubes, EVs can be modified for improved performance. What stops Direct Connection from offering a Banshee rear multi-speed "E-Rupt" EDM in the near future for the Daytona Scat Pack for better acceleration and a little more power and a better driving experience? What stops Direct Connection from partnering with Borla for an upgraded Fratzonic system adding a more powerful sounding system with it's own unique design? What would stop aftermarket companies like Diablosport from coming up with tuning software eventually for these cars? What would stop an aftermarket company like Vicrez from coming out with amazing styling upgrades for this car (INCLUDING DOOR PANELS THAT HAVE THE '68-'70 SCALLOPS LIKE THIS CAR SHOULD HAVE FROM THE FACTORY)? I for one, think the Daytona has alot of potential to be something special. But that's just me
I’d agree on the scallops, maybe best as an after market option. The Daytona is caught between elegant styling as offered now and muscle car aggressive styling which may need the after market. My personal impression is that there is much room for things like scallops and hood scoops and ground effect spoilers all around and crazy decals to liven things up. Bet these are already in the pipeline for us muscle heads.

TripleT

Reaction score
Scallops can be done in a decal, I for one don't need it to break the line of the car.

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score
Aftermarkets touch on this car/whatever decals and stickers Dodge offers is honestly sorta hard to picture nicely (some renders I've seen that try to just make it a bit less appealing) because the car really just looks already great without 'the works' covering it up. Sixpack might benefit because I say it a bit much, but the front end design isn't as elegant. Give it a shaker hood? If I'm being honest I'm just waiting for the next colors following the already introduced ones. Love Peel Out and After Dark the most by far.

I wonder if they'll let you modify..what I'll call the 'exhaust' plate.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240606_032048_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240606_032048_Instagram.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20240606_032113_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240606_032113_Instagram.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20240606_032059_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240606_032059_Instagram.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
Willing to bet door scallops are part of the refresh in a 4-5 years

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score
I wouldn't doubt it, that's the biggest compliant of the new car. It's actually a pretty stunning car in person... can't wait for the Hurricane to come. Should be a pretty awesome package.

View attachment 9610
Did find where the original of this came from after it was posted on Insta. Still as lovely.

Mopar392

Reaction score
Willing to bet door scallops are part of the refresh in a 4-5 years

I wouldn't doubt it, that's the biggest compliant of the new car. It's actually a pretty stunning car in person... can't wait for the Hurricane to come. Should be a pretty awesome package.

View attachment 9610

I do like the new Charger, and my choice would be the SixPack Hurricane.
But I'd hold my purchase until the LCI, to see a different front bumper and hood. Side scallops are a plus.
Hopefully, also we'd see a Hellcat level of power with ICE, HEV or PHEV.

Users who are viewing this thread