Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeep® Unveils The 2024 Wagoneer S: A Sporty Luxurious Take On The Midsized Electric SUV

Jeep® Unveils The 2024 Wagoneer S: A Sporty Luxurious Take On The Midsized Electric SUV​

Wagoneer S Launch Edition Models Will Arrive On Dealer Lots This Fall...​

Image 206.jpeg

The Jeep® brand is making a significant leap into the electrified SUV market by introducing the 2024 Jeep Wagoneer S, its first global battery-electric vehicle (BEV). Earlier today, Jeep took the wraps off the production version of the Wagoneer S, and they stayed very true to the concept. Jeep is launching the Wagoneer S in the U.S. and Canada in the fall of 2024, with plans to expand to international markets at a later date.

bill burke

Reaction score
The only way this Jeep will recoup the investment is with MINIMUM a hybrid version and better yet, a conventional gasoline powered model. One other factor in the business case will be a Cherokee spin off that MUST have a Hurricane Six model. That a fact Jack.
I’d love to love this new Wagoneer but if the electric rejection by buyers continues to hold, you won’t see many of these on the road. That’s a fact Jack.
As a Jeep owner, I hope in my heart I’m wrong here, but my mind tells me different. DOA without a hybrid version. Just ask Jack.

sdu

Reaction score
Stellantis is expecting the Jeep badge to sell by itself now? Putting it on a low-slung crossover with all that shmutz that has nothing to do with offroading is a sin.

AlexB

Reaction score
The only way this Jeep will recoup the investment is with MINIMUM a hybrid version and better yet, a conventional gasoline powered model. One other factor in the business case will be a Cherokee spin off that MUST have a Hurricane Six model. That a fact Jack.
I’d love to love this new Wagoneer but if the electric rejection by buyers continues to hold, you won’t see many of these on the road. That’s a fact Jack.
As a Jeep owner, I hope in my heart I’m wrong here, but my mind tells me different. DOA without a hybrid version. Just ask Jack.
Wagoneer S with Ralph and others open up Wall Street(rung the bell).

patfromigh

Reaction score
Am I the only person who notices the distance between the back of the front fender well and the front door frame? This is a front drive biased model. Yes it's an EV with front and rear dive units. Based on what I'm seeing in the videos and photographs of the S, its Cherokee production-line brother will be a front drive based model when the IC engine version appears.

Jeep presented a Trail Hawk concept of the Wagoneer S soon after the launch edition was introduced, just saying. This Cherokee S would really benefit from an extended range option.

Mike201

Reaction score
I agree with Bill. There is no way they will sell enough of these to make a profit. There are a lot of things going against it. For one is right now the anti-EV climate. Second the economy right now isn’t that great. And for people to cough up $72 grand plus for one of these is going to be very limited to the people that could afford it right now. I agree that a hybrid should be offered and maybe the I6 at a lower price, which would probably sell more. My last thought on this, just by looking at it and calling it a Wagoneer doesn’t fit the Wagoneer group of SUVs that are already out there. There is no way this is as big as the current Wagoneers that are available. This looks more like the size of the Jeep Grand Cherokee L.
So making this as an EV Wagoneer doesn’t seem to cut it .

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

Pre-Orders For The 2024 Jeep® Wagoneer S Launch Edition Are Open​

New All-Electric Premium Wagoneer Starts At $71,995...​

WS024_039WS-scaled-e1717122700428.jpg

Last night, Jeep® unveiled its all-new, all-electric 2024 Jeep Wagoneer S. This marks the American adventure brand's debut in the North American market with a battery-electric vehicle (BEV), and it also serves as the first vehicle on the newly developed STLA Large architecture.

AlexB

Reaction score
I agree with Bill. There is no way they will sell enough of these to make a profit. There are a lot of things going against it. For one is right now the anti-EV climate. Second the economy right now isn’t that great. And for people to cough up $72 grand plus for one of these is going to be very limited to the people that could afford it right now. I agree that a hybrid should be offered and maybe the I6 at a lower price, which would probably sell more. My last thought on this, just by looking at it and calling it a Wagoneer doesn’t fit the Wagoneer group of SUVs that are already out there. There is no way this is as big as the current Wagoneers that are available. This looks more like the size of the Jeep Grand Cherokee L.
So making this as an EV Wagoneer doesn’t seem to cut it .
It's designed to be a Premium model a midsize premium model. You not the target audience.

Hemidakota

Reaction score
So, how many consumers can afford this vehicle? Keep raising the prices and note, sales are growing less. It is between eating or purchasing a vehicle that sells in the same league of homes in Mississippi.

AlexB

Reaction score

patfromigh

Reaction score
There is a Youtube channel produced by MGUY Australia. He offers a critique of the electrification panacea push with a steady output of videos. He states there are 3 F's of EV buyers, fanboys, fleets and freeloaders. Fanboys are self explanatory. Fleets purchase EVs often due to regulatory pressure, or for a private business, investor pressure. Freeloaders or "freebies" are those who are able to purchase an EV because of government subsidies.

My suspicions were correct that this model would be an electric Track Hawk. Stellantis introduces the EV models first, because it's a jail house religion. In our current regulatory environment, offering a battery electric vehicle is the cost of doing business. Jeep can get away selling this as a limited edition model to the fanboys. They will also sell a few to the freeloaders. Thank you for your tax dollars, which makes it possible for someone who makes a lot more than you do, to purchase a vehicle you can't afford.

Another point is this, when the EV bubble burst the Wagoneer S was already set. it is too late for the quick addition of some sort of ICE option for this model. The Recon will probably be a different story with its later introduction. The next Cherokee will be EV or ICE, that is already known. Hopefully the models with IC engines won't weigh 5,500 lbs, like the battery electric ones.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
Am I the only person who notices the distance between the back of the front fender well and the front door frame? This is a front drive biased model. Yes it's an EV with front and rear dive units. Based on what I'm seeing in the videos and photographs of the S, its Cherokee production-line brother will be a front drive based model when the IC engine version appears.

Jeep presented a Trail Hawk concept of the Wagoneer S soon after the launch edition was introduced, just saying. This Cherokee S would really benefit from an extended range option.

It is surprising how KL Cherokee it is, shape wise

James.A

Reaction score
It's designed to be a Premium model a midsize premium model. You not the target audience.
Pricing seems in line with most of what the company has - so the middle class is not the target audience for Stellantis in general. Even the lifted Italian clown car that Dodge is selling for ~50k is premium... as sales continue to slow down.

Users who are viewing this thread