Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeep® CEO Confirms Future Wagoneer 4xe’s Powertrain

Jeep® CEO Confirms Future Wagoneer 4xe’s Powertrain​

Will Use Same Powertrain As The Ram 1500 Ramcharger...​

Image 15.jpeg

Last week, we discussed that the upcoming Jeep® Wagoneer 4xe and Grand Wagoneer 4xe will more than likely use the same powertrain underpinning the all-new Ram 1500 Ramcharger extended-range electric pickup, which will make its debut in early 2025. Now, it seems Jeep has officially confirmed that the rumor is true.

patfromigh

Reaction score
I can see where the Ramcharger and Jeep Wagoneers would share the same setup. They all share the STLA frame platform. The whole range extended EV system is a tight fit, even in the Ramcharger. During the dog days of Cerberus, the various extended range EV concepts all used a front engine, generator, and an electric motor driving the front wheels. I think the Wrangler Re-EV concept was rear drive. None of these concepts were AWD. The IC engine used with all those concepts was a small two cylinder. All those concepts were 15 years ago.

I was curious how Leapmotor was able to fit what they call an extended range electric vehicle powertrain in the C01 sedan and C11 SUV. The sedan is about the same size as a Dodge Charger and the C11 is close in size to the two-row Grand Cherokee. What I found is the Leapmotor extended range models have a motor generator in the front and a rear electric motor driving the rear wheels. Leap doesn't offer AWD with a range extender at this time.

Now my curiosity is wondering how Stellantis will use IC engines with some of the other CDJR products. The setup of the Jeep Compass, Renegade 4Xe and Hornet PHEV have AWD. I think it is better than EREV system in the Leap which is rear drive only.The RAV4 Prime also is a PHEV with AWD. The Pacifica's eFlite like the Toyota hybrids can be combined with an e-axle. So far Chrysler has declined to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread